weird plug...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird plug...

So I swapped my speedo cable last weekend, while I was looking behind the dash, I noticed a 3 prong plug. Looked like the defrost / rear wiper ones, except wrapped in some foam. (just like the power mirror plugs are.)

Does anyone know what this plug is for?
    Mon arme a moi, c'est un stylo.

It's for the A/C wiring.
    White '89L auto - Sold!
    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Does it have power? I mean, i can tear my dash apart (again) & go at it with the volt meter, but if someone knows... I'm in need of power for the sub.

I was going to route the power leads to the battery... Through the firewall... All the way from the trunk...

This would be easier. Even if it only gives power when the key is on acc.
      Mon arme a moi, c'est un stylo.

Comment

Yes, I believe it has 12 volts going through it.
        White '89L auto - Sold!
        Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

it carries 12V but it's designed to provide voltage to a relay for the a/c clutch. DON'T use it to power your sub, you'll blow fuses or potentially worse.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

i ran cable from the battery through the passenger side fender and sort of wrapped the cable around the edge of the door right where the fender meets the cab and just let the door close on it. its working fine so far. i really didn't want to mess with anything under the dash :lol:
            89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
            92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
            New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Working...
            X