No power to the dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power to the dash

Hey guys i have a small problem that i am hoping someone can help me with.
    I have a 93 WA 4 door Festiva carbie model, i went to start it this morning but when i turned the key nothing happened no dash lights and didn't kick over at all, i tried the headlights to see if the battery was flat but they worked no problem so the battery is fine, if someone has any idea what the problem could be please let me know(The same thing happened 3 weeks ago but it came good on its own after about 30 mins)
    thanks

Oh, I don't know, maybe check the fusible links? Check for corrosion at the connection.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rpickle
      Oh, I don't know, maybe check the fusible links? Check for corrosion at the connection.

Rick
      +1 Check the one listed main under the hood.
      "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

thanks for the suggestion I have checked all of the fuses they are all fine and i can not see any corrosion on the connections,
        i am thinking it might be the starter the ignition switch or a relay somewhere (if it is a relay i don't know where to start looking)

Comment

Not just the fuses inside the car, the fusable links in the engine compartment on the fenderwell by the battery. They are notorious for looking ok but being bad. I believe it is the middle one that is the Main. Start there.
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

ok thanks i will check it out tomorrow after work.

Comment

I tried to start the car this morning before checking the fuses and connections under the bonnet and it started fine this is a weird car must be female lol

Comment

still could be your fusible links gettin worn/corroded.

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

^^agreed....they make proper connection intermittantly....replace them and see if problem ever comes back.....just the main one. They can look fine, mine did and I had same problem. I repaired mine and it has been fine.
                  "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                  89L Silver EFI auto
                  91GL Green Auto DD
                  There ain't no rest for the wicked
                  until we close our eyes for good.
                  I will sleep when I die!
                  I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

on the 3 festivas i've used as daily drivers, the fusible links went bad on all 3, by the time the one went on the car i'm driving now i knew exactly where to look, i got frustrated trying to fix it properly and just bypassed the fuse completely, otherwise would have got stranded

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                    X