Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Festiva Engine Swap Question

OK Newbie here.

Just aquired a 93 Festiva 5 spd. I have seen that most parts are intercahngeable with the Aspire but I just want to make sure on this. Can I replace the Festiva engine with an engine out of a 96 or 97 Aspire without any isssues? If the donor engine is from an AT vehicle will I just need to change out the flywheel to mate to the manual tranny? Thanks in advance and I am sure you will be hearing a lot more from me as I dive into repairs on this car.

- Mike

Bump....Anyone????

Comment

yes the swap would work but i wouldn't get one from a 96-97 because they have a crank position sensor on them by the timing cover. You'll se what I'm talking about.
      ---------------------------------------------------
      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
      ---------------------------------------------------
      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

also i read that you have to change intake and exhaust manifolds and alternator pully or alternator will need to be changed like said before just what i read here.

Comment

I just did this... 95 Aspire motor (auto trans) into a 93 festy (manual trans). Yes it will work.

things to note:

1. I had to use the Aspire Alternator and belts, the crank nose was different.

2. swapped intake, exhaust, distributer and cooling pipes between engines. Buy the complete gasket set, easier in the long run and it really is a bummer to see leaks from a gasket or a seal after the job is done.

3. Auto to manual swap was easy... just strip down the replacement motor and take everything from the back of yours, bolts right up.

Comment

wow , this is funny. i too am swapping stuff from my 95 aspire donor to my 93 festiva. its also funny because the festiva is 5spd and aspire is auto.
            05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

Thanks for all of the input. I will be keeping my eyes open for a good 95 motor if I can't find a decent festy motor. the one I originally located was from a 97 with about 35k miles on it.

Comment

^^where are you located, i have a spare motor

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid
                  ^^where are you located, i have a spare motor
                  I am in TX so a little too far from you for the motor. Thanks for the offer though

Comment

^^yup definately too far away lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                    X