Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another vacuum hose beside the brake vacuum

Hi!! i wanna seek help from honest experts in this forum.... :wink:

I have a B3 SOHC, Carb engine and recently i changed my stock aircleaner assembly housing with a racing air filter.

I noticed that my stock air-filter has a vacuum control diaphragm with a hose that runs from the air-filter to the carb. The end point of the vacuum hose can be found beside the brake vacuum hose underneath the carburetor.

My concern is my racing filter doesn't have the vacuum control diaphragm. So what should be the best thing to do.. is it safe to condemn the vacuum vavle? or is there any work around to this? I also don't know what the use of the vacuum tube is for.. kindly enlighten my novice mind sirs...

thanks...

that vac line feeds a vacuum motor (on the air cleaner) which switches between warmed air from around the exhaust manifold, and straight cold air from the snorkel. just remove the line from the carb and cap off the port with a vacuum cap from an auto parts store. If you live in a cold climate area, expect some problems in the winter with that setup. My carb ices up rather quickly without the stock air cleaner.
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
    X