whats wrong with my seat tracks :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats wrong with my seat tracks :(

well my new seats are really loose when bolted in. when you flip them over and take a look at the tracks they seem very loose, yet i cant see anything wrong! has anyone seen this before?

89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

lol sorry but i busted out laughing when the one fell off and you looked at it like wtf lol. sorry but let me try to help, all bolts tight and everything? sorry that was funny
    2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
    1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
    1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
    http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

there is a small roller bearing between the two tracks and that is misssing. you may be able to use the ones from your old seats
      1992 black GL
      1991 white GL
      1991 blue L parts car
      1992 blue L from Japan R.H.D.
      1948 ford conv. hot rod

Comment

Originally posted by hotrodin4me
        there is a small roller bearing between the two tracks and that is misssing. you may be able to use the ones from your old seats
        interesting. theres nothing between the tracks. i guess there gone. unfortunately my old seats are long gone. how do you separate the two tracks to remove the roller? from the good seat tracks ive seen im not sure how they can come apart. ill have to make a junkyard trip
        RIP 90LX

Comment

You could buy the sport seats and use the tracks from them then sell me the seats!!!
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

did you want those seats? its no problem if you want them. otherwise hold out, and ill try make back to brandon. theres a rust free hatch there that i want to go back for.

oh yea.. that reminds me i still have to figure out those panels for you.. sorry about that!
            RIP 90LX

Comment

There is more than just a roller bearing missing... There should also be a white nylon "slide-guide" on each side of your seat mount.

It is a big PITA, involving drilling, sweating, and swearing, to replace. Trust me, I've done it. It was no fun.

Cheers!

Scott
              Famous Last Words: "How hard can it be?"

Comment

yes.. i noticed there is still one of the white things on my drivers seat. What is involved to replace them?
                RIP 90LX

Comment

Originally posted by juryrigger007
                  There is more than just a roller bearing missing... There should also be a white nylon "slide-guide" on each side of your seat mount.

It is a big PITA, involving drilling, sweating, and swearing, to replace. Trust me, I've done it. It was no fun.

Cheers!

Scott
                  ok, can you elaborate on how to do this? i tried all i could to get one apart in the junk yard yesterday without any luck
                  RIP 90LX

Comment

There are two of the white plastic guides per track they have a roller bearing in the center. Looks like youll have to drill the stops out for the track to slide off. Might be able to pry it over the stop but it might break the guide. Ill try it tomorrow. If I get the pieces off Ill send them to you.

sigpic
                    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

How do you get the flim clip image to show for your link to a video ?
                      sigpic

Comment

you copy the IMG code to display it like that

yes.. 1 plastic thing per glide with 2 steel rollers i think. where are these stops everyone is talking about? I cant see any stops on my tracks?

fresh, i notice you have those tracks removed from the seats... is that easy to do? or do you have to destroy the seat? maybe thats an easier way to fix my seats?

i talked to an safety inspector today, and my car wont pass inspection with the seats all loose so i need to fix this
                        RIP 90LX

Comment

Actually the tracks are still on the seats frame I just removed the seat cover and foam cushion. Its a prop for my under seat tray development. Ive never taken the track off of one. Ill tinker with it tomorrow though and let you know.
                          sigpic

Comment

thanks for the help
                            if you need any pictures or measurements for your seat tray, my new seats have the tracks
                            RIP 90LX

Comment

OK, here is one way to remove the tracks. Here are the stops you will have to drill out.

But you will also have to drill out the two rivets holding the seat adjuster mechanism on both sides. There will be a total of six rivets to drill out so sharpen your bit, and remember when you drill them out to use low RPM. Other wise the bit will get hot and go dull quickly. The slower the RPM the better the bit will cut.

Then the track will slide off

Here are the guides you need.

It wasn't that hard, just a little blood, sweat, and beers. :drunken: Took about 45 minutes. Guess you would need to find some bolts to replace the rivets to put it back to gather. Good luck !
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X