leakin oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leakin oil

I am sure this has been posted but I am a little lazy and want to ask anyway.
    my 93 has oil leaking from the alternator side around the crank seal and up.
    is this the crank or is it coming from the cam seal??
    not alot of oil but messy.

shayne

More than likely it is the crank, this is a typical problem on the 1.3, if it is bothering you fix it, if not it is just going to get messier and messier.

Comment

is it a hrd fix???
      I would assume you remove oil pan and bottom pully and install new seal ??
      I have a shop and a good set of tools but I like to ask here befor I get in too deep.

shyane

Comment

just junk that piece of crap dude! lol just kidding...I would weigh it out, if the oil doesn't really pour out maybe just add a quart every 1500 miles or whatever and let the dolphins cry
        4-spd 1989 Festiva - carburated baby!

Comment

No, you don't pull the oil pan. You remove the alternator belt, pulleys, timing belt cover, timing belt, then the bottom crankshaft gear. Since you have it off anyway, replace the timing belt. Also, the small bolts that go into the pulleys tend to break when you tighten them back up, so either be very careful putting them back in, or just buy new ones.

Comment

oh and another thing to add to gdawgs list... get 2 seals (that's right i said 2). use the other seal to replace the front cam seal (they're the same part)
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
            X