Headlights no workee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlights no workee

Bulbs are good....tried them in the other Festiva and they're fine.
    I had the instrument panel off recently as I replaced the speedo cable...Could I have pulled something important apart in there??
    However the dash lights work except for the little blue high beam indicator light. The only other thing that I have done recently is to replace the fan sensor on the bottom of the radiator....for the longest time one of the wires was broke...so now my fan works. I looked at the fuses (the ones under the dash) and one was blown......the engine one. Replaced and everything is fine, except no headlights.....they were a short time ago working fine...... weird

slomoe

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:29 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cought, check your fuseable links. There are 3. One is the ECM, one is the main (engine will crank but not run), and the other is the head lights. They are located on the driver side inner fender. I haven't had any luck buying these links so I make my own and always carry a couple spares in the glove box. Good luck. Mike

ok...found this.....if a fuseable link is bad will the wire be burned through? mine I believe mine are fine but maybe the connections need to be cleaned.

Comment

high resistance across that link can cause the same issue. may not be visibly broken or burnt.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

by golly I fixed it...........last night took a paring knife to all the fuseable links and cleaned them up good....headlights work fine now
        it's nice also that after I fixed the broken radiator fan sensor (I think thats what it is) the engine seems to idle much better, and doesn't stall at times when I pull up to a stop sign.

Comment

Working...
        X