throttle sticks and a mystery button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throttle sticks and a mystery button?

My throttle is sticking, sometimes i can tap on gas and free it up,,,,but i found a button that the gas pedal makes contact with when it is floored. It is located under the dash, just depress the gas pedal and it will come in contact at top of pedal linkage,,,any idea what this button does? :?: :?:
    previous cars to fix up;
    86 300ZX
    85 RX7 GSL
    88 Corolla FX
    89 Festiva LX 2bbl 5 speed

i assume you have an auto? thats the electric downshift button
    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

Comment

no, 5 speed, would it serve any function on a manual?
      previous cars to fix up;
      86 300ZX
      85 RX7 GSL
      88 Corolla FX

Comment

thats odd. is it possible the car was once an auto? altho your sig says its carbed so thats not likley. Not sure... someone else will have to chime in.

As for your sticking pedal, check the t-body to see if it turns freely, if it dose then its your cable sticking somewhere. Probably just needs some lube
        89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
        RIP 90LX

Comment

lube cable and TB linkage to fix pedal issue. the button you have is for WOT EGR cutout, tells ECM to shut off egr flow, allso keeps upshift light from comming on.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

my 93 auto does that sometimes and even took out floor matts to see if it would help but it did not help

Comment

i think the throttle plate was stickin in the carb, sprayed everything down last night, and worked fine today,,,,
              previous cars to fix up;
              86 300ZX
              85 RX7 GSL
              88 Corolla FX

Comment

Working...
              X