Electrical problem!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical problem!!!!

Hi guys: here is my problem: like I mentioned before in another topic, i had my green little best overhauled. But the problem first started when the radiator fan was always on, that was fixed. Now the start motor when bad. so I toke him to the same shop that did the overhauled. they changed the flywheel because the gear was bad, completely rebuild the starter motor, and now the starter motor heads up when crank. They rechecked everything and still the same. They called the guy who rebuild the starter motor and he said that could be the ignition distributor. So they found one distributor and are going to change mine to see of that's the reason for the heading. Does this sounds reasonable to you????
    89, B3 carb Festi. Not the original carb. it has now a 3k Aisin carb.

They already checked the batery and its good

Comment

the starter is heating up? you should only be cranking the engine for 5-10 seconds at a time. is the bendex binding with the ring gear? teeth binding, not allowing the starter gear to release? if thats the case, th starter needs shimmed to allow clearance.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

It has no power, thats the problem, and it does heats up. Sorrry for the spelling!!!!

Comment

sounds like you have a bad main ground, or when the started was installed, it bound up on the ring gear causing the motor to overheat.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Finally they take it to the electrical dude, and the distributor is ok and the starter motor is also ok. So they made a leak test on the head, and one valve is leaking pressure really bad. Thank God that the overhaul job still in warranty.

Comment

OK they brought back the head and put the engine together. Now the car is like it is running on 3 cylinders. Any ideas????? help please!!!!!

Comment

maybe bad spark plug wire or mixed up spark plug wires. check the simplist problem first then work your way up to the difficult reasons.example in my case my 91 ran rough for about a year now checked out the most difficult reasons first but still ran rough. recently i touched the wiring harness that plugs into the vaf meter and it ran way better and that was the problem all along not the fuel pump, throttle body, vacume hose leak,ect,ect

Comment

You need to find better mechanics!
                  Sounds like they are parts swappers, and on your dime!
                  The festiva isn't that complex, I'm sure with a manual and a few basic tools
                  you could do a lot of what these guys are charging you for!
                  '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                  '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                  '92 Aqua parts Car
                  '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                  '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                  Your holy ghost will not save you.
                  Your God plutonium will not save you.
                  In fact...
                  ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

If you had a rebuild done....and then they had to warranty the head because there was a problem....and they put it back together and now running on 3 cylinders, that is still on them. You should not have to pay anymore for their mistake or something they put on that does not work.
                    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    There ain't no rest for the wicked
                    until we close our eyes for good.
                    I will sleep when I die!
                    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Spark plugs: new, cables: ok
                      The car was ok when the oh was done, it didnt jump or anything, but when they made the leak test on the head, they found that leaking vavule. they took the head out and send it back the machine shop(the job still on warranty)

Comment

yes some mechanics are parts swapers and some are bypass surgons..bypass this and bypass that.

Comment

i hate to say this but you took you car to mechnics to get fixed and runnung right and probebly paid good money for that job it sounds like they are getting you to help them fix the problem . let them do some basic diagnosing on it it could be as simple like a big vacume leak and by using general knowledge about cars they can trace what the problem is.

Comment

Problem solved, it was a chunk of carbon that stoke in one valve sit. My baby is running sweet now. HELL IT SHOULD BE!!!!! or else I getting my self a "for sale" sign!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fordverde
                              Problem solved, it was a chunk of carbon that stoke in one valve sit. My baby is running sweet now. HELL IT SHOULD BE!!!!! or else I getting my self a "for sale" sign!!!
                              Glad to hear it!
                              Just hard to believe after all the work done that a chunk of carbon should be anywhere in the combustion chamber or the head.
                              Hope you do not need the services of those "mechanics" anytime soon!
                              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                              '92 Aqua parts Car
                              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                              Your holy ghost will not save you.
                              Your God plutonium will not save you.
                              In fact...
                              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Working...
                              X