Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I remove the acclelerator pump without pulling the carb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I remove the acclelerator pump without pulling the carb?

88 Festy, 1.3L 5 speed.

New clutch is going in soon. This will probably be the easiest clutch job I have ever done.

It needs an accelerator pump. And bad. Otherwise, it runs great.

I pulled the air filter assy and WOW look at all those freakin' vacuum lines!

I'd rather NOT pull the carb unless I absolutely have to.

I have a rebuild kit and some not-so-detailed blowup diagrams.

I'd rebuild the whole thing, but there's no way in the love of god I'll remember how all those vacuum lines go.

any tips would be greatly appreciated. I love this thing. 38mpg, in town. Wow.

yes you can but it's gonna be a B^&*h. the pump faces the firewall and is held by 4 #2 phililps. remove the roll pin for the pump arm BEFORE removing the pump itself.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I'll take a look at it tomorrow. From my diagram it looked like it was on the driver's side. Thanks for the help.

Comment

pump is on the passenger side. right behind the sight glass.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

feck. conflicting responses here. I'll check it out.

Comment

Yes, as Festyboy stated, it is on the pass. side of the carb at the rear. Not too bad to come out. If you do remove the carb, take some detailed pictures of the carb first. Will really help with the hose fiasco. I've had mine out several times. Actually bought the car with the carb off, laying the "trunk"!

Good luck.

Rick

Comment

Working...
            X