Another air conditioning system question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another air conditioning system question

I'm looking into purchasing Enviro-Safe for my automatic 1991 Ford Festiva GL's air conditioning system, which was an R12 one. The air conditioning is losing its coolness.

When I called the manufacturer of Enviro-Safe, one of the people there informed me that there's a law in the U.S. which states that I would still have to convert my A/C hardware over to be R134A compatible.

Please, any thoughts on this? I really don't want to have to spend $200+ to have my A/C hardware converted over--I really don't have much money to spare for this sort of thing.

Thank you in advance.
    Driving a Festiva makes me infestivacated! :-D

there are kits for about $8 to change the r-12 bungs to r-134 bungs, they just screw on. as far as i know that's all you need. your best bet is to have someone pull out all the r-12 first and then replace it w/ the enviro-safe. any good shop will take the r-12 for free and you can probably trade you r-12 for them charging you system with the enviro-safe that you provide.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

What he said. They are like valve stems, like whats under the red cap in this picture, you'll need two.

sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Working...
      X