Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for good adhesive (for door plastic)???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for good adhesive (for door plastic)???

I am replacing the vapor barriers (the plastic sheets on the inside of the door behind the door panels) and I am unable to find a good adhesive to use. The factory stuff that was on there was great (the black, gooey, REALLY sticky substance) but I removed it when I took the old plastic out. I bought a roll of sheet plastic from Lowes and it is good, strong stuff but the adhesives that I've tried so far, 3M Window Weld and Seal All, have not bonded to the plastic enough to hold it on tightly and seal all of the water out. After using each one and letting them cure overnight, I was able to peel away the plastic sheet effortlessly. Does anyone have any suggestions on something that might work? I have a couple more things in mind but I would like to see if any of you all have something in particular that would work well, perhaps something you have used in the past.

I used gorilla glue... but it was all i had layin around. Seems to be workin.
    88' Ford Festiva
    97' Chevy Silverado Z71
    94' Chevy S-10

Comment

i bought a roll of window sealer,the kind you use when you put in a new windshield in,cut a length off and rolled it in my hands to make it thinner then put it in place around the perimiter of the opening and stuck the plastic to it and it stayed.
      1960 willys pickup
      1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
      1989 festiva
      1990 festiva for parts
      1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

3M molding adhesive (yellow stuff in red tube)
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
        X