Rant/Fix about new festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rant/Fix about new festiva

Who knows if this is in the right place.

So the new Yellow festiva right before I bought it got newer front hubs, new bearings, new drivers side axle, new tie rod ends, and new ball joints. The car has been with me for 2-3 weeks, and probably had the new stuff on 2 months, some time in May.

Anyways it has been getting really noises, and also making a squealling noise once in a while driving down the road, no matter the speed.

I finally get to take off the wheel.

1. The ball joint had a new bolt on it, but someone didn't tighten it correctly, the darn nut was almost off.

2. The caliber bolts sleeves where frozen, so that brake side wasn't even really working I guess. (tapped them with a hammer and freed them up)

3. The spring clip that keeps the pads from slapping the rotor was on backwards and rubbing against the rotor.

4. Either the "newer" hub is bad, or the bearing are shot because the rotor has a tone of play in it.

Either way the bearings will probably have to be replaced and possibly the hub.

The mechanic that did the work for it will hopefully fix it because it has been such a short time and their fault.

The bearings have a preload that is very important for them to wear correctly. If this procedure wasn't done correctly it might be the problem.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

Yeah I know, I also know that this mechanic is good, don't know what happened though. If he says the bearings are shot and he will replace them for me, great. If he refuses to fix it I will be quite annoyed though.

He also didn't stake the nut!

Comment

Working...
      X