flame kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flame kit

has anyone put one of these on a festiva. if not i would love to see one put on
    renault 5 turbo shootin out flames and backfire'n at the westcruise cruise for chas 2

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Ya that is cool stuff , but from what I have been told , older car's it is hard on them .

They have to make them run very rich to make that flame and ends up washing down the cylinder walls .

Not sure what you need to do this on a FI car .
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

My dad told me many many years ago to make a y split in a spark plug wire, mount a plug in the end of the exhaust, make it to where the one plug in the engine is switchable with the one in the exhaust pipe. When you kill the spark plug in the engine it leaves the unburned fuel that will then light as it passes the plug in the exhaust. Cool looking, but I wouldn't do it.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

it should work, on my moped i kill the spark for 3 sec or so then back on and get a huge flame and boom out of my pipe, looks cool on a moped!!!

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

^ that boom will tear up the muffler.
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

there is no muffler :twisted:

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

I've heard of ppl doing it on bikes before, just turn the key off and coast w/ it in gear, then turn the key back on again and boom.

don't think it would work on an EFI engine, only carb'd or mechanical injection.
              ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
              91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
              1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
              2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

^^ that is what i do on my moped

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

When you see that mod on the older cars when the flame just keeps shooting out , like in Grease .. They manually close the choke to make it run rich and load up the exhaust system , then ignite the plug in the tip of the exhaust . Thats what I meant for it being BAD and washing down the cylinder walls .

Anything carb'd , you shut off ignition , pump the throttle and re-ignite , and BOOM .

I would like to see what they use on a FI car , a injected car will not produce enough extra fuel to do that, without modding the fuel system and make it run rich , to flood it of make it think it is cold .

Correct me please if I am wrong .
                  ------------------------------------------------
                  The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                  Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                  HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                  Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                  Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                  Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                  Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                  90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                  It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

they just run a solenoid valve from the fuel rail to feed a line into the exhaust. They also use a small venturi to feed some fresh air into the exhaust (gotta have O2 to go with that HC, ya know?)
                    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

that is a good idea... melt the fell out of your exhaust but a good idea

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

You can also accomplish this with propane injection into the exhaust pipe, with a spark plug. Not that I ever have or anything...

Comment

ill try that :twisted:

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Working...
                          X