Video of my festiva struggling to pull a trailer up a hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of my festiva struggling to pull a trailer up a hill

Also overheating the brakes on the way back down. Beautiful scenery!
    This was the most challenging drive of our summer trip! The hills were very nearly too much for my festiva pulling the almost 2000 pound trailer. The first part of the video is the first big hill, then next is the second big hill that i actually started to think i might not make it up. Then there is the downhill where I overheated my brakes. Then another challenging hill for different reasons than steepness. Then some nice scenery, playing in the ocean and some photos at the end. Its a very scenic drive but i didnt include much scenery to try and keep it shorter. Watching these videos the hills dont look so steep, but in real life they are incredible! Main problem for me was i couldnt get any speed before the bottom of the hills and the speed limit on all these was 50kmh (30mph). Hardly any airflow over the radiator and it was pretty hot out. It was a fun but very challenging drive! There was almost no one else out with pickups and trailers or rv's. Almost all passenger cars and trucks which was the complete opposite from the rest of Nova Scotia.

It seems tapatalk wont let me upload photos right now so ill have to do that later

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

You're crazy, but that's amazing it made it up those hills WOT in 1st!
    ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
      You're crazy, but that's amazing it made it up those hills WOT in 1st!
      Haha, if I had known what that trail was like I wouldnt have driven it but once your commited you cant turn back! Lol

Last edited by ryanprins13; 01-28-2019, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Finally! Got my photo upload problem figured out!

Last edited by ryanprins13; 01-28-2019, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X