worlds fastest motor swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worlds fastest motor swap

i thought i was fast at taking stuff apart and puting it back together but this just puts me to shame :cry: :x :roll:

all i can say is WOW :shock:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

GET ER DONE!!

-Scott
    Aqua 93 L
    Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
    White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

the car was missing engine mounts and hood bolts? Still impressive but I think the rules for fastest engine swap should say like must be originial complete car from start to finish? Know what I mean?

Comment

This is really fast !!!

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

No tools necessary!

they didn't even bolt the new engine down... no trany fluid (one can only hope there was oil already in the engine), but still pretty impressive!
          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

there must have been a LOT of prep work like adding "quick-connectors" etc. in order for them to be able to do that, thats just amazingly fast

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

^^^ Exactly. It was also probably carbed, which would limit the amount of electrical. It also may not have had an alternator. A couple of fuel lines, a throttle cable, one or two major connectors, and then the axles.
              The Festiva Store
              Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

I wonder how they got the cv axels out.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Read the comments below the video. They only used 1 axle and the diff was welded to allow this. Then when they pull/install the engine the guy underneath just guides the axle in or out. I assume no c-clip. If you make some sort of slot for the motor mounts to fit in then that will eliminate the bolting of the engine. QD's for the engine harness and fuel lines, hydro clutch, starter cable....

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
                  BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
                  BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
                  New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

^^ Yes , and they practiced for 2 weeks :lol:
                    ------------------------------------------------
                    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

no hydro clutch in that, also no harness, just the coil lead to the cap and fuel line (carbed). also didn't see any coolent hoses or wetness of any kind.
                      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy
                        no hydro clutch in that, also no harness, just the coil lead to the cap and fuel line (carbed). also didn't see any coolent hoses or wetness of any kind.
                        for the short time it was running it probably wouldn't overheat, plus that would have just added time to the clock

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                        X