X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• official sound clip thread!!!

ill start it off.

this is my 1990 ford festiva lx (zippy)

all stock motor, stock exhaust exept i took out the muffler and stuck in a pice of 2.5 inch piping, then i put a 2 inch hole in the cat. and i know that there is smoke in my exhaust. i even let it warm up... i dont care. im doing a motor swap, and then a new sound clip

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

i want everyone who has a camra to make a vid of there exhaust. i think it would help people to choose what type of exhaust they would like
    Last edited by sasquatch; 10-03-2008, 09:14 PM.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

sounds pretty good im supprised
    (GONE)88 Festiva LX 5 Speed, Factory A/C, Factory Tow Hitch, Tach.
    95k Original miles
    New: Tires, Axels, Front Wheel Bearings, Fuel Pump, Valve Cover Gasket, Carb Rebuild, Timing Set, Belts, Shoes, Distributor, CapRotor, Wires, Plugs, Coil, Grant 11" Steering Wheel, 3700 Watt Stereo System-6 1/2 Infinity speakers, Infinity tweeters, Almani 12" subs

Comment

Lots of smoke!!!thats about what mine sounds like. stock with cat. muffler replaced with fart can...i'll post a clip. I think this is a cool idea for a thread

Comment

surprise! I thought I had a resonator
        if I write badly....thanks google translator

Comment

i don't have any sound clips of mine, but when i had my B3 still i had a cherry bomb and a 2 ft. long pipe that was 4" as my tip, it was loud but had a deep sound to it, i loved it

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

90 LX .........drool. My festivas dont make any noise.
            sigpic
            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

i found these on youtube and thought i would post them up. i have no clue who's they are. they sound good.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Listen To That!

This is just a clip of me taking off one night. It still has a stock 1.3 but I have a 2" stainless steel cat-back exhaust.... And its a straight shot.

1992 Festiva L
                Front Aspire Brake Swap, FMS Lowering Springs, KYB Gr2 Front Struts, Cat-back Straight Pipe, Custom Rear Wing, Fog lights, Seats from a Mirage

Greatest car I've ever owned, can't stop the 'Stiva!

Comment

Great thread, hopefully more members will contribute clips. I'm all stock now, but am considering a Bosal performance universal ss muffler. It's only $30 on ebay. Here's a clip of a similar exhaust on a 90hp civic...
                  The sound of Bosal Brospeed 247-210 exhaust on my Honda Civic 1.4is
                  "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

This is from right after I finished the exhaust. The 3500rpm buzz has settled down as the cat and muffler fill break in.
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

edit: B6D with genie headers, 2" exhaust, cat, cherry bomb resonator, and $20 generic muffler.
                    Last edited by oxbrain; 10-07-2008, 09:22 PM.
                    OX SMASH!!

Comment

^^i like that sound!
                      by cherrybomb resonator, do you mean the glasspack?
                      Joey Richard Jr.

1991 Ford Festiva L; died but donated all her organs
                      1988 Ford Festiva LX; EFI swapped in...actually everything swapped in

Quality is Job 1. Together, We Can Save Lives. Ford.

Comment

People have seen this before but here it is again. B8-ME motor, no cat resonator only.

I'll put some of my truck on here tommorrow
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Originally posted by joebreck117 View Post
                          ^^i like that sound!
                          by cherrybomb resonator, do you mean the glasspack?
                          Yup. Straight through glasspack in the run between the cat and muffler. It takes a lot of the higher pitch stuff out without losing too much bass.
                          OX SMASH!!

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post

People have seen this before but here it is again. B8-ME motor, no cat resonator only.

I'll put some of my truck on here tommorrow
                            Nice! Sounds good and looks pretty quick. How would you compare your B8 to the BP? I'm still trying to decide what swap I wanna do.
                            "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Okay, here we go. This is my stock '92 festy 5 speed. The exhaust is a stock type replacement done at my local shop, the car did not have a resonator when I purchased it.

Festiva stock 1.3, stock exhaust minus resonator

For comparison, this is my '66 Galaxie 500 with a 428 FE, true duals from the factory cast iron manifolds, into a set of no-name turbo mufflers. Exhaust is several years old, and was on the car when I purchased it. Not the best sounding, but it gets your attention.

1966 Galaxie 500 with 428 FE, dual exhaust with turbo mufflers...several years old.

Donovan

92 Festiva L stock with wheel upgrade...The Mater (Sold)
                              '66 Galaxie 500 428 FE...Friend of OPEC
                              '68 Mustang Coupe
                              '63 Galaxie Country Sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X