No announcement yet.

Turbo BP Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks fun. New ppl get turned on to festivas everyday. looks like this guy came across a car that was already done, nice find. I wonder why someone let the car go after doing work to it? the only reasons that trans is still in one piece is wheel spin and clutch slippage. get a g5 trans, brake swap and better tires and would be even better.

Originally posted by big_ty2003 View Post
    Is it possible to front mount a Garrett T3 turbo like that and still have a grille up?
    I have a t3 AND an obnoxiously huge wastegate behind my grille.
    Last edited by resuwrecked; 12-28-2009, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
      True. Mine ran a 14.8 with a "slippin" spec. And it did a 14.0 with the swift clutch.
      Hey Mike, you going to have a custom slippin spec clutch in your 1.6 Turbo? I hear it is good for an extra 50hp! lol!!

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
      -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

Originally posted by timmay89 View Post
        Hey Mike, you going to have a custom slippin spec clutch in your 1.6 Turbo? I hear it is good for an extra 50hp! lol!!
        centerforce baby adds 156hp

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post

I have a t3 AND an obnoxiously huge wastegate behind my grille.

pics?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

I almost bought the manifold like the one on the car in the vid, would just need to cut off the turbo flange and weld on a new one, but the ebay manifolds are made with cheap steel and I have seen them crack a lot. I made mine with 2" gas pipe fittings. I'm almost positive that its bomb proof. The car in the op would just need an adapter pipe made to relocate the position of the wastegate, I still need to plumb my wastegate dump. I will probably give it its own little 1.5" exhaust and have it extend down and under the engine.

Comment

sweet that manifold looks bomb proof lol... i have seen 5 china manifolds and ALL of them had cracks in them.... they suck unless you add supports to them so when it gets hot the weight of the turbo wont pull it down and and then go over all the welds so there is no pin holes and they will hold...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

hey i got another idea to make the stock clutch hold more power... the stock one has little "perches" that the clutch bolts down too... right? if you take a tiny bit off of those things when you put the clutch back on it will clamp harder... right?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

maybe i should try that before i replace mine, im slipping 3rd 4th and 5th now

Comment

lol sweet give it a try and tell us if it works...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                      hey i got another idea to make the stock clutch hold more power... the stock one has little "perches" that the clutch bolts down too... right? if you take a tiny bit off of those things when you put the clutch back on it will clamp harder... right?
                      Mike, shaving a small bit off of the seating surface will only change the distance from the pressure plate to the flywheel. The clamping force is determined by the internal springs of the pressure plate. So if it is severely worn it will help, but it won't make it hold any stronger, or more power. Best bet is to go with the swift act clutch. It's larger in diameter and is rated for up to 291 ft.lbs.
                      -Greg
                      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                      Redneck Engineer
                      FOTY - '09
                      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

ya but the springs would be under more stress cause they are compressed more, right? any ideas to make the stock clutch hold more power? would cutting groves in the FW and PP make it hold more cause you are putting more stress on a smaller point or would it just make it slip more cause there is less for the clutch to grab on?

i know the swift clutch is a good upgrade and will hold the power but i just wanna see how much the stock trans will hold... and i dont want to go out and buy a expensive clutch just to blow up the trans and not be able to use it when i do a trans swap....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

the owner of the car is a member on svtperformance.com It's his daily driver, im assuming to keep miles off his gt500. He said his gt500 went 10.95 in the quarter and the festiva isn't to far behind it on the highway. He mentioned this site, so i don't know if he's a member or not.

Comment

awesome any info of the car on that site?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

ya but the springs would be under more stress cause they are compressed more, right? any ideas to make the stock clutch hold more power? would cutting groves in the FW and PP make it hold more cause you are putting more stress on a smaller point or would it just make it slip more cause there is less for the clutch to grab on?

i know the swift clutch is a good upgrade and will hold the power but i just wanna see how much the stock trans will hold... and i dont want to go out and buy a expensive clutch just to blow up the trans and not be able to use it when i do a trans swap....

Mike, I tried it all. The only thing that helps it hold is a better pressure plate. I paid $250 for my spec clutch, and with my b8 turbo, it would slip in higher gears. Then I got the swift clutch, It doesn't slip. I think a stock tranny could go into the high 12s but it would be hard to go that fast without shifting fast/hard.
                              -Greg
                              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                              Redneck Engineer
                              FOTY - '09
                              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

awesome any info of the car on that site?
                                Yeah i think he has a list of what's done to it but my computer is running slow right now to check. I do remember he said over the winter its getting a new tranny and heavy duty clutch. I PM'd him asking if he would sell it, but he said i'd be like 50th in line for it. Everybody wants it lol. IIRC He said he beat a cammed c5 z06 on a highway roll, which would make sense if its running close to his 10.95 gt500, which would most likely have to have a KB or Whipple to run that time.

Comment

Working...
                                X