X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on hooking up/installing sub/amp

Just bought it these off craigslist for $70

Alpine MRP-T130

JL Audio 10W0 (I dont know if its -4 or -8 )
    http://www.procarsound.com/catalog/p...6&osCsid=0f341...
    "custom box" (looks like a 3 yr old made it)

Need to know how to hook this up to sound the best and if i need anything else

I know i need a wiring kit, looking at these 2 dont know if i can go cheap or not?

I know i need a new box, figuring i would get a cheap one from the flea market, What size air space? Ported or sealed?

Heres a bonus pic of my jeep cause it took the pics on my brothers phone and he had this pick
    Last edited by Nickb1907; 01-17-2010, 08:13 PM.

You can get a cheap kit from walmart:

Since it is not pushing very much power, 10ga. wire should be fine. If you read the description of the amp, it actually says use 10ga.
    Last edited by doylerl; 01-17-2010, 08:19 PM.
    The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
    89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Originally posted by doylerl View Post
      You can get a cheap kit from walmart:

Since it is not pushing very much power, 10ga. wire should be fine. If you read the description of the amp, it actually says use 10ga.
      thanks ill pick that one up probably tomorrow along with a new box

I think i got everything figured out, just need to know what to set the "gain" and "filter" to. And what plugs into the "speaker level input"?
      Last edited by Nickb1907; 01-17-2010, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Mods can you please move this thread, just realized i put it in the wrong spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickb1907 View Post
          thanks ill pick that one up probably tomorrow along with a new box

I think i got everything figured out, just need to know what to set the "gain" and "filter" to. And what plugs into the "speaker level input"?
          If you are using it for highs or if you don't have an aftermarket stereo, you can use them as an input, otherwise, just use the R and L red and white RCA jacks. As far as the adjustments, it is really based on how YOU want it to sound. Just play around with it till you like how it sounds. Good luck on the install.
          The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
          89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

^x2 best thing is (my opinion) hook it up, sit in driver seat with all doors and windows closed and turn it up a little bit and have a buddy turn the dials and tell him to stop when you like what you hear.
            -93' Festiva L (B6T swap in progress)
            -92' XR2 Capri (Parts car)

Comment

Originally posted by Nickb1907 View Post

Heres a bonus pic of my jeep cause it took the pics on my brothers phone and he had this pick
              Isnt this dangerous?? Looks like the guy on the right i trying to catch the jeep by himself. I hope he ate his wheaties
              Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

Originally posted by brickdog2000 View Post
                Isnt this dangerous?? Looks like the guy on the right i trying to catch the jeep by himself. I hope he ate his wheaties
                almost flopped it, and its dangerous if you come out of the vehicle. I was buckled in, it has a full roll cage and this happened going 1-3 mph, so i would say it would have been maybe a small dent/scratch to the jeep

Comment

Working...
                X