Aspire Tray Sliding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire Tray Sliding

Just happen to come across a video of an Aspire here in Florida Tray Sliding. Cookie sheets work really well =)

Shaun

Re: Aspire Tray Sliding

I think I'm going to try that tomorrow...

Regards,

Tim
    White '89L auto - Sold!
    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Step one, get 2 trays... Step 2, put them in front or behind the rear wheels... Step 3, either drive forward or backward onto them... Step 4, pull ebrake... Step 5, have fun :lol: -Kyle
      Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

How bored do you have to be to think of that?
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

Darn can't see it here at work ... it's considered tasteless according to the firewall. That firewall is really starting to get a mind of its own.
          91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

I tried tray sliding/sledding behind Target this evening.

Put some worn out tires on my Blue Festiva, and burned rubber (as well as 6 trays) !

It was AWESOME. The most fun I've had in my Blue Festiva since the ball joint broke loose!!

If you haven't tried this before, it is a blast. I found that stacking 2 trays allowed for better skidding, as well as lasting longer before rubber met concrete.

Regards,

Tim
            White '89L auto - Sold!
            Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Leave it to Tim to give us a How-to and Tips on something like this.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Tim, next I'd like a "how to" on explaining to the cops what you're doing and how it helps humanity.

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy
                  Tim, next I'd like a "how to" on explaining to the cops what you're doing and how it helps humanity.

Karl
                  Well, choose your location well so that an explanation is not necessary.

I did my Tray Sliding in a deserted area that was hidden from the road, unlit, and away from prying eyes.

I'll give plenty of hints when my friendly local police officer catches up with me, though!
                  White '89L auto - Sold!
                  Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

How do you get the trays? I don't think the local McD's will like me taking theirs.

We used to do cardboard sliding with old refridgerator boxes. You unfold the box so you have one huge flat piece of cardboard. Lay that in a parking lot, drive up to it at speed and slam on the brakes right as you hit it. You have to lock your tires for the best slide, and you have to time it so that all 4 tires are on the box, but you can get some impressive slides that way.
                    OX SMASH!!

Comment

Hmmm............I might have to get stupid and give this a try!
                      Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oxbrain
                        How do you get the trays? I don't think the local McD's will like me taking theirs.
                        I work at the mall and took a few from the cafeteria.

I'm going to try cookie trays next time to see if they last longer.

When I lived in Iowa, we used to drive on the frozen lake in the winter and do some incredible spinouts, skids, and other reckless driving.

Regards,

Tim
                        White '89L auto - Sold!
                        Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Once upon a time, we would put are FWD cars in reverse and floor it on a snowy lot the cut the wheels and slide all over the place!
                          Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

Did that the last time it snowed here in MO, got some strange looks from sleiders but sure was fun. And if it's slick enough just get going fast enough forward and pull on the e-brake still can do a doughnut or two, just have to watch out for those darn lights poles they're sneaky.
                            91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Working...
                            X