Jeep dismantled and reassembled in 4 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep dismantled and reassembled in 4 minutes

Don't you wish that sometimes you could work on your car this fast...

4 minute Jeep
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

where the gas tank? i wonder how that motor is held in because it didnt look like they tightened any motor mounts, doesnt look like they hooked the exhaust mani up. cool but way to staged, we could probably do that with a festiva!

Comment

I bet all the electronics/gas for the engine are all wrapped up on the engine and many many quick connects!!! but still very cool!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

the thing is designed to be dismantled like that.. no fair. let them try it on one of our cars. gas tank has to be on the body, it looks like the exhuast is on some kind of quick connect system, nothing to unhook. engine probably uses some sort of pins to hold it in place.. im just saying.. yeah its cool but its nothing impossible
        Last edited by MTec007; 09-14-2010, 06:58 AM.

Comment

i think everything is that makes the engine run is mounted to the engine... that way there is nothing to unhook... i dont know what the guy was doing with the rad tho... it didnt leak when he took it off so i think its just for show lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
            i think everything is that makes the engine run is mounted to the engine... that way there is nothing to unhook... i dont know what the guy was doing with the rad tho... it didnt leak when he took it off so i think its just for show lol...
            it probably has one way valves or something like that. not everything can be on the engine, what about the shifter? gas pedal? cluster? lights? bunch of stuff and wires running to the body.. but they figured out how to remove it fast

Comment

Saw this on another forum as well.....I would like to see them drive it a few miles LOL.

I think the engine was held in place by the bars they used to pick it up.... looks like they probably just slid thu a hole in the mount to keep it from moving..... I would like to see some close ups of everything
              Oh no!!! Hills, my only weakness!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                Maybe its oil cooled and the rad is for show?
                91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                14 C7 Z51

Comment

nah i think they just cant run it for long...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                  1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Wonder how funny it would be if the motor blew in the middle of the show.
                    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                    14 C7 Z51

Comment

Working...
                    X