1989 Pulse, with a Festiva engine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 Pulse, with a Festiva engine...

I was kinda impressed. It's kind of a cross between a two and three wheeler, but it actually has four wheels. Only two or three touch the ground at a time though.

Seems like a good way to cut down on ground friction as well as making an aerodynamic body to fit it.

By September of 1989, Owosso Motor Car Co., located in Owosso, Michigan, had sold 338 of the total run of 346 autocycles. In this video clip, Ed Butcher and ...

Festiva 1.3 with an automatic. Belt driven rear wheel.

I would like to see it go two wheels on steady straight driving. Perhaps even retractable outrigger wheels for better aerodynamics! Then when you slow down, put the outriggers out again for stability. (You might even be able to use a kit plane partial fuselage for your body, as this one is based on the BD-5 jet.)

Okay, get a load of this:

Article:Meet the world's fastest ever road vehicle built to reach an astonishing top speed of 340mph and get 90MPG!The Acabion GTBO uses jet fighter technolo...

Looks like the two outriggers retract upon acceleration. Don't let the hype mislead you. Very low drag plus very low weight, plus reduced road friction contribute to high speed and high mpgs, whether this thing is roadworthy or not.

HA!! Here are the retractable outriggers on a "two wheeler":

Jeremy Clarkson travels to Switzerland to try out the EcoMobile: a motor bike with a full car body.This is a channel from BBC Studios who help fund new BBC p...

Now on this one, the wheels will produce gyroscopic stability at a real low speed. Watch it accelerate from a stop and you'll see how slow! Probably around 5 mph or so.

Sweet.

What'dya think?

Karl
    Last edited by Safety Guy; 07-22-2011, 01:29 PM.
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

I think the second one is awesome. Thanks for posting
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
    X