No announcement yet.

my friends new toy... (2jz thunderbird)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my friends new toy... (2jz thunderbird)

this is the reason my car is getting done so slow... i have been helping him with his... its a 88 thunderbird with a toyota supra 2jz under the hood and a turbo 400 trans behind it... its one carzy car... ill try and get some pics of it but here is 2 vids...

Forcefed, Racing, LS, Tires, Drag, Thunderbird, Mission, Raceway, 2JZ, 1000hp, race, turbo, ford, street, mustang, cars

im kind of scared to see what its gonna be like at "full" power lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Dude that thing is a monster. very nice!
    89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
    My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

needs an air bag to help launch flater... other than that, HOLY CRAP!
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
        needs an air bag to help launch flater... other than that, HOLY CRAP!
        it has one lol.... its just to much power...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Very nice! Theres a guy in my area that has a 2J firebird, must be a lot of work!
          2002 Ford Mustang GT Mineral Grey 5 spd
          1996 Ford Explorer XLT AWD White POS
          1992 Ford Festiva GL Metallic Blue 5 spd

Comment

It's really to bad supras can't hook like that. He's still getting wheel spin, but way less than a supra. Imagine the potential with that powerplant...wow
            Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
            93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
            91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
            93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
            15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
            88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

2JZ, no crap

Comment

what trans?? wheres the specs? i will trade my entire festiva stash plus one right nut for.

Comment

turbo 400 , its a GM tranny.

Comment

wicked!
                    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

I have to ask... What are those front wheels for? It doesn't need them! Lol.

That thing is wicked! I'd rather see it in a Mark VII though, just for even more of a "unique" factor, but still very awesome!
                      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Sucks he put it in that model tbird. He should have put it in the turbocoupe version of the tibird. That or get the turbocoupe front end and turbocoupe hood on it. Looks way better

Comment

Looks like he got alot of money into it , the trans and rear axle , looks like they are not stock.

Im fairly certain that that thing got at least 700hp..

Comment

As unsafe as it is the skating is awesome!
                            91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                            14 C7 Z51

Comment

ya its got a bit of work done to it... its just getting broken in too... the motor is built for 1800hp but is only sitting at about 1100 right now. its got a stock ford 8.8 rear end with a spool, c-clip eliminator axles, a set of gears in it, thats it... the trans is a turbo 400 thats built for 2500hp cause we didnt want anything going bad on it lol... when hes ready its most likly gonna get a better rear end with a better suspension... they dont make a set of "drag" springs and shocks for a thunderbird (or we couldnt find them in time, i forget lol...) so its got a set of stock springs and monroe-matic cheap-o shocks cause thats all the local parts store had in stock lol... some things are kind of scary on the car but it goes fast as hell lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Working...
                              X