Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

... and you thought you were having a bad day!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... and you thought you were having a bad day!!!

:eeeeeek: oh my!
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Ya I saw this on the news this morning! What are those people going to do being down so much money?! This is why you own a festiva and not a ferrari! When will people learn? tsk tsk

(i Love how it says "plus a toyota prius")
    Last edited by timmay89; 12-05-2011, 02:24 PM.

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
    -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

At 0:36 in the video the dude really had to go pee-pee!!
      "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

[WTB] Ferrari seats, interior, pedals, horn...
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

^^ the opportunist heheh

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
          I'd pee myself if I witnessed that! :p

Comment

8 Ferrari''s, 1 Lambo, 2 Mercedes, Oh & 2 Toyota's! I pitty the Toyota drivers, maybe not. They will probly get new cars free.
            If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
              Ha Ha. I hadnt even watched the vid, I went back and watched after seeing your post. :p He did!
              Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
              Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
              Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
              http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Karma for WWII.....?
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                  Karma for WWII.....?
                  1. Do NOT post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-oriented comments outside of the Arena.

obˇscene (b-sn, b-)
                  adj.
                  1. Offensive to accepted standards of decency or modesty.
                  2. Inciting lustful feelings; lewd.
                  3. Repulsive or disgusting: "The way he writes about the disease that killed her is simply obscene" (Michael Korda).
                  4. So large in amount as to be objectionable or outrageous: "local merchants in nearby stores get hammered by stratospheric rents and obscene taxes" (Joe Queenan).

It's not about being political correct. It's about following the rules. If you want to make comments like this, take it to the Arena or keep it to yourself.
                  Last edited by Aaronbrook37; 12-06-2011, 05:59 AM.
                  1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Aaronbrook37, I don't think you get to make that call.
                    I do NOT find TominMO comment "abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, or threatening", I can't imagine that you considered it "sexually-oriented".
                    Do you think because you live there now, such comments take on more significance?
                    To be truthful, they did start WWII with the US, but long prior to that, the Chinese and Koreans were brutalized by them.
                    This is history, irrespective of their culture now, they were responsible for WWII in the pacific.
                    I'm not japophobic.
                    When I was there, everyone I met was very pleasant and considerate.
                    I'd prefer the company of the Japanese to the Chinese by a large margin.
                    This does not change history, which is what TominMO was a referring to.
                    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                    '92 Aqua parts Car
                    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                    Your holy ghost will not save you.
                    Your God plutonium will not save you.
                    In fact...
                    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                      1. Do NOT post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-oriented comments outside of the Arena.

obˇscene (b-sn, b-)
                      adj.
                      1. Offensive to accepted standards of decency or modesty.
                      2. Inciting lustful feelings; lewd.
                      3. Repulsive or disgusting: "The way he writes about the disease that killed her is simply obscene" (Michael Korda).
                      4. So large in amount as to be objectionable or outrageous: "local merchants in nearby stores get hammered by stratospheric rents and obscene taxes" (Joe Queenan).

It's not about being political correct. It's about following the rules. If you want to make comments like this, take it to the Arena or keep it to yourself.
                      No, that was not abusive. What was abusive was what happened to those 2 poor Toyota drivers.:p
                      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                        Aaronbrook37, I don't think you get to make that call.
                        I do NOT find TominMO comment "abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, or threatening", I can't imagine that you considered it "sexually-oriented".
                        Do you think because you live there now, such comments take on more significance?
                        To be truthful, they did start WWII with the US, but long prior to that, the Chinese and Koreans were brutalized by them.
                        This is history, irrespective of their culture now, they were responsible for WWII in the pacific.
                        I'm not japophobic.
                        When I was there, everyone I met was very pleasant and considerate.
                        I'd prefer the company of the Japanese to the Chinese by a large margin.
                        This does not change history, which is what TominMO was a referring to.
                        My concern is not out of taking things too personally or debating history with anyone - to make that assertion is wholly circumstantial and slightly ad hominem as well. The issue is that everything you just discussed has absolutely no bearing on the dispute or subject matter at hand. Garbage gets spewed all over this board from the left wing and the right, Americans and internationals (myself included from time to time I'll admit)... but there's a time and a place for it. In my opinion, this is not one of them.

And no, I don't get to make that call. That's what the report button is for. My post is to express that I find the comment inappropriate and distasteful. Whether intentionally or otherwise, your relativist fallacy presented here meanders around my reason for concern altogether. This of course is to publicly ask the question: what on earth does karma, history, and WWII have to do with an unfortunate and very costly car accident in Japan? Nothing. The litmus test isn't whether someone's laughing, someone's ticked off, or someone is taking things too personally.

The reason I find this comment objectionable (through its vulgarity and obscene attempt at very dark humor) is that it has absolutely no relevance, value, or correlation to anything discussed in the thread. As I said, there's a place for this sort of behavior on our forum... it's called the Arena. Though I appreciate your concern for my personal opinions and current living circumstances, the fact of the matter is that there's no means by which one can go from where this post was to where it currently is without what I feel is an inappropriate amount of vulgarity or obscenity according to our very clear and omnipresent values and rules dictated on this forum.

One cannot be above the rules of our community because a post is grammatically correct, historically accurate, or scientifically supported. If Japanese history or my place of residence had any relevance at all to whether Tom's breaking the rules, maybe I would reconsider your conclusion that my opinion is invalid.
                        1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Don't think your going to get a lot of support for your opinion.

And your are correct, the report button would have been the correct means of handling this.

However, as you have "made the call" in a public forum lets see where the chips fall.

Again, I do not see TominMO's comment as "breaking the rules".

In the future, I suggest using the report button combined with an explanation as to why it was reported. We receive many reports with little or reason for the report. Some are blatant and no explanation is needed. Others are less so, and insight might well help in determining if a rule violation has been made.
                          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                          '92 Aqua parts Car
                          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                          Your holy ghost will not save you.
                          Your God plutonium will not save you.
                          In fact...
                          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

dam prius drivers won't move to the right !!!!!
                            admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

For the record, I have visited Japan several times and enjoyed it very much. I liked and respected the people I met there, and think that in some ways their culture is superior to ours. I do not have any negative feelings about the Japanese beause of WWII, despite the joke.

You can argue that I made a joke that was in poor taste, but I don't see that it broke any rules.
                              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                              X