Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tightest Uturn I've seen

And easier to park than a festiva?!
    ata Motors today presented at the 81st Geneva Motor Show the Tata Pixel, a new city car concept for Europe. Based on the Tata Nano, the Tata Pixel -- at just...
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

I like it!
    -Josh R

Comment

That one rear wheel literally didn't even move!
      Buck.
      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
      -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
      -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

When he was parking the rear wheels went opposite directions. Look at the red and blue arrows.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

:shock: that thing is so cool but so ugly lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

That is one cool little car... I agree its ugly, looks too futuristic to me. But that is just a concept. If they dial it back a couple of decades on the looks by the time it hits the market I see it looking a good bit like an even smaller Yaris. I can live with that
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I kind of like the looks.

Comment

I like the looks of it aswell.
                89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Its cool but it would be nice to have a tech off button for when we want to hone our skills!!
                  Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

I'm pretty sure it doesn't drive or park it's self.

Comment

Be interesting to see one in real life. Don't ever want my phone to control my car, just my own thing. I know people already start and unlock and control the ICE with them. Not for me.
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Yes, I have seen enough of these sonar devises fail, seen how easy they are screwed up and people trusting them having to explain all this to a insurance agent. I suppose some bright young engineers are fooling around with gps and sonar to take drivers out of the picture other than entering the "go to" on the screen. The self parking seems to be pretty reliable though.
                        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

I don't want to have to touch a million things to set my car up. Also, the whole touch screen is a great idea in theory. I fear in reality though, it will cause a lot off accidents. How many times do you automatically reach over and turn the radio down or the a/c without looking at it. That's because you can feel it and have a reference. With a touch screen you have absolutely no reference on a smooth piece of glass. Thus requiring you to remove your eyes from the road. Not a good idea in my book. To me, when you are in a car you are there to drive. Not talk on the phone, text, or update your fb status. A car is a car and it has 1 purpose. That is to get you from a to b. Doesn't matter if a to b is a race track or the grocery store. It doesn't need a million little computers telling you the weather, your friends fb update about getting her nails done, or any other bs. It simply must give you a joyful drive and get you somewhere safely.

Why can't we take cars back to basics and improve on the basics. Stop shoving a dozen microprocessors in my dashboard to help me drive the car and let ME f-ing drive.

Comment

Working...
                          X