Gumsphere 300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gumsphere 300

A couple of forum members, Afro and Jfro, are part of a group that's putting together a tour of North America promoting local talent. They're doing it in eight Festivas!!! They recently won a prize from a group called "Awesome Calgary"... here's a link to the news report. Here's the link to their website... http://gumsphere300.com/; it hasn't been updated for a while but there's a link to their Twitter feed that is up-to-date.

John mentions some of the route in the news clip and I'm sure they'd love to meet other Festiva owners and forum members along the way.
    Last edited by fastivaca; 03-13-2012, 05:00 PM.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

looks cool! hopefully they dont something stupid with the festivas like top gear did!

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
      looks cool! hopefully they dont something stupid with the festivas like top gear did!
      Not only did Top Gear kill any Festiva-owning fans they might've had, but they solidified their separation from the BBC2-based Top Gear in that they purposely trashed the hot hatches!
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

I like the tinted tails and Canadian rear bumper spoiler (snow).

I'm sure with a little planning, that original 8 could pick up a friend or two along the way!
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

If they come out this way, I know a few great places they could stay!
          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

it sounds like fun, but there are no announced dates or locations yet. It says they are going down the west coast to mexico, then east and up the east coast. Depending on the tour dates I could probably do some of the tour with them.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

They didn't mention Crater Lake, or any of the awesome places in Oregon,
              only big cities...
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Last I spoke to John they were still in the planning stages. I'll keep you posted when I hear of any updates.
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

@driverone it looks like our plan in your area is Nashville and Asheville. Is that close enough?

Comment

How about Atlanta or Athens down here in GA? Athens has a great local music scene.
                    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by Jfro View Post
                      @driverone it looks like our plan in your area is Nashville and Asheville. Is that close enough?
                      Could you post your route here ?
                      sigpic
                      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Working...
                      X