Tweaks Rollover!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweaks Rollover!

Well, she almost rolled over. Sorry if I scared ya! At the end of this video you can see what happens when street tires get too hot on the track and go away in a hurry. Sorry the video is so long, I have no way to edit it.

Enjoy!
    Lost grip during a track session on Firebird east (chandler AZ). Spun off the track and came way too close to rolling the car!
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

I was honestly about to cry...

So glad that neither you or Tweak was hurt.

I don't know if this applies or not but I read somewhere that you should not try to "save it" if your not going to make it.
    Last edited by Grey Vw; 03-28-2012, 11:03 PM.
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

I'm like, "Whooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! !" WHEW!
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
        I was honestly about to cry...

So glad that neither you or Tweak was hurt.

I don't know if this applies or not but I read somewhere that you should not try to "save it" if your not going to make it.
        That is very true. In this instance I wasn't trying to save it as much as my hands were setting up for the next corner. I had been sliding through my apexes anyway (those tires are slippery at speed), so I was anticipating some sliding, but I didn't expect the snap oversteer that I got in the transition from one direction to the next. I did this a couple of other times during the weekend, but his was by far the most dramatic.

Here is a picture of the same corner, later in the day, when I did save it:p
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

OMG.....that was pretty close. Glad to see that it did not go over. Still awesome to see the Festy out there tearing up the track.
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

That was awful. Made my stomach sick. Wow.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Yeah, I didn't realize how close I was to rolling until I got back to the pits and everyone was talking about it. I was surprised that so many people were watching.

Comment

that was close... glad you saved it and nothing bad happend...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Any questions, gawkers, admirers, haters?
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Ant thoughts about adding a roll cage?
                    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

:shock: wow that was close!! Glad to know it stayed on its wheels though!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Nice save!
                          -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                            Ant thoughts about adding a roll cage?
                            Not in this car, the added weight and rigidity would spoil the handling of the car, and actually make it more likely to roll over, lol.

Comment

That is awesome! I was waiting for ya to cheese out or say something to the go pro. I looked like it took more of a wheel man after a few laps. How do you like that new suspension?
                              Ford Fester

Comment

Working...
                              X