Festiva bonsaļ run!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva bonsaļ run!

This video has probably been posted before, but if it was then I missed it. Pretty good example of what can be done with a totally stock festiva in the tight twisties. There are times when what I assume is a stock festiva puts space between it and the Evo behind it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOLkt2oyVH8
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

I love Festivas but no way in hell I would do that unless you were driving
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

LOL I've probably watched that video at least once a month for the last 3 or 4yrs! Makes me miss the good old days when mine was 100% stock, and bombing backroads with friends.
      '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

Really??????????
        You gonna race that thing?
        http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
          I love Festivas but no way in hell I would do that unless you were driving
          Sometimes I drive Tweak all the time and never drive Rosie (bone stock 93 auto) for a few weeks, then when I get in Rosie I go into every corner way too hot and it ends up looking much like this video lol. Little left foot trial brake, little gas at the apex and pivot. Lol. The stock festiva is a blast to toss around, and the automatic is great for practicing corners. Just don't get too crazy because they will roll over if you sideswipe a substantial curb or bank.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
            This video has probably been posted before, but if it was then I missed it. Pretty good example of what can be done with a totally stock festiva in the tight twisties. There are times when what I assume is a stock festiva puts space between it and the Evo behind it.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOLkt2oyVH8
            Seems to me the video was posted by a member here that went by the name of "lmaotokyodrift" or something like that.

He also complained about the stock wheels cracking after such driving.

Gee, imagine that.

Comment

Originally posted by Festy46 View Post
              Really??????????
              Its too amazing for mortal eyes!!!

Comment

omgloltokyodrift is (was) the members name.
                Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by lessersivad View Post
                  Seems to me the video was posted by a member here that went by the name of "lmaotokyodrift" or something like that.

He also complained about the stock wheels cracking after such driving.

Gee, imagine that.
                  Hard to believe. The factory alloys are forged Enkeis (you can tell this by the type of enkei logo on the inside of the rim) and considering how small they are and the fact that they have 155mm wide 80 series crap tires on them, they get very little force applied to them. Maybe if he does a lot of jumping, but even then I think they would hold up pretty well. I'd have to see that for myself. The driver is pretty good at tossing a FWD car, but I grew up driving like that and we seldom broke factory alloys without hitting things (usually curbs in the snowbanks).

Comment

I agree, but it looks to be on steelies.

Comment

Originally posted by JPT View Post
                      omgloltokyodrift is (was) the members name.
                      Yea, I knew it had "tokyodrift" in the handle. Thanks.

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                      Hard to believe. The factory alloys are forged Enkeis (you can tell this by the type of enkei logo on the inside of the rim) and considering how small they are and the fact that they have 155mm wide 80 series crap tires on them, they get very little force applied to them. Maybe if he does a lot of jumping, but even then I think they would hold up pretty well. I'd have to see that for myself. The driver is pretty good at tossing a FWD car, but I grew up driving like that and we seldom broke factory alloys without hitting things (usually curbs in the snowbanks).
                      It had factory steel wheels. Cracks were developing between the lugs I believe. Pretty sure he posted a vid of the cracks also.

Comment

Originally posted by lessersivad View Post
                        Yea, I knew it had "tokyodrift" in the handle. Thanks.

It had factory steel wheels. Cracks were developing between the lugs I believe. Pretty sure he posted a vid of the cracks also.
                        Oh, lol. That makes more sense. Yikes:eeeeeek:

Comment

I couldn't believe it either, but he pretty well documented the phenomena.

Tokyodrift was a manic (IMHO), and probably still is a manic, if he's still alive :p

He called the downhill runs "Tojos". LMAO!

I still make reference to Tojoing. I shouldn't condone the activity; it's illegal and puts the public at risk. I'll post a link here to the original FF.com thread. It's hilarious (it may be deleted?).

Discuss improvements to your Festiva or Aspire in the handling, braking, wheels and tires areas.

I don't want to open any old arguments. I did get a disciplinary one week ban shortly after this; I kept getting angry.
                          Last edited by BigElCat; 08-21-2012, 06:53 PM.
                          '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Bonsai: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonsai

I think maybe you meant this:
                            banzai: http://japanese.about.com/blqow41.htm
                            or this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banzai
                            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

So that's how he faked the videos...Bonsai trees and a R/C Festiva.
                              '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Working...
                              X