Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corvette Tango

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFOtP0wnXVY
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Thats pretty epic!

Then on that straighaway hes like I GOT YOU NOW.... OH SNAP I FORGOT TO TURN HAHAHA
    Last edited by Chobobulous; 09-11-2012, 11:33 PM. Reason: more commentary
    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
    95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Awesome Video!

Comment

That's nauseating. But awesome! What was up the one time it looked like he had passed you and then he just went straight throw the turn and then was trying to catch back up? Was he worried he was going to be cutting you off in that turn?
        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts
        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
          That's nauseating. But awesome! What was up the one time it looked like he had passed you and then he just went straight throw the turn and then was trying to catch back up? Was he worried he was going to be cutting you off in that turn?
          Yeah, he missed his braking point and didn't want to hit me. I had waived him by and had slowed down so that he could cleanly pass, but he waited too long to brake. We were playing cat and mouse every session, I would slow down till he caught up and then get on it again. This session I missed a few of my lines because my tires were just about toast. At the end we catch lap traffic, and if you look closely, after I pass that black fox body I catch a Maserati. Lapping a Maserati in a Festiva is an experience I think we should all get to have at least once. lol

I have a Video where I'm chasing the Vette for the whole session. I'll post it soon. This is the same vette that is in front of the 997 turbo in the "festiva chasing "real' cars video.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

ahahahhahahah best video ever loved all 11 mins of it
            93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
            RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
            RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

I might also add that Justin gets paid to drive expensive sports cars around race tracks and has over 2000 laps in that corvette at that particular track. I talked to him for quite some time and verified several times that he was not holding back at all. When I was tailing him in an earlier session, he was driving so smooth and consistent it looked like he wasn't even trying, so I didn't think at first that he was pushing the car, but he said that he didn't have enough tire to pull away from me. that felt good! He was a little embarrassed that he couldn't pull a Festiva in a corvette. He's a great guy though, fun to drive with and hang out with.

Comment

WTH! What's under the hood of that Festiva!

Comment

Last edited by Advancedynamix; 09-12-2012, 12:59 AM.

Comment

OMG that's the secret behind it all!!

Comment

Where's the Flux Capacitor Reservoir?

Comment

That's in Suburban Comandos car. It's the fuel efficient time machine. Lol

Comment

okay, here is the video I took while chasing the vette. This was before I had met Justin, he came over to my pit after this session to see why he couldn't lose an econobox.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmdb2pkxOLM

Comment

Nice balanced setup charlie. And good cornering with realtivly low steering wheel angles. Looks like your car response well to steering inputs.
                            Very interesting. My other car is a Clio RS 172 itb, but no way canīt keep up with such cars like vettes(rare cars here, M3 are the yardstick) etc. Maybe Iīm a poor driver LOL.

Comment

You should let him drive your car for a couple laps sometime! And you can take whatever expensive car he's got around the track!
                              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                              Random Festiva Parts
                              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Working...
                              X