Ride along in a world rally car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride along in a world rally car.

A video my friend Chris posted of him testing the DirtFish Fiesta in Portugal. It's a good example of the skill it takes to drive a FWD WRC car.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

their shorthand is hard to follow and the +&- with numbers doesn't always make sense compaired to what you see... anyone care to explain for the rallye impaired?
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

^ Yes it was greek to me. But after watching again. I believe the "Plus" Minus is "On camber" "Off camber" turns. The numbers like 5 10 15 or 100 seem like "meters" before the next turn. Its so cool to watch these guys.I like how they use the word "Tree" as a reference point,and "Dont cut" meaning stay wide...... Man what I'd give for a chance to drive my car on a road like that were I didnt have to worry about hitting a another car/pedestrian. The driver did really well imo,only a couple times did he go slow through a couple turns,but I noticed really LARGE rocks in the road.
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

This is the kind of Satnav I would use, 140 Left Tree plus, is much better than, turn left in 140 meters
        Owner of:
        1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
        In progress:
        BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
          This is the kind of Satnav I would use, 140 Left Tree plus, is much better than, turn left in 140 meters
          dwl, great vid
          JAMAICA TO THE WORLD
          I don't complain, i just come plain.

Comment

I am thinking Left and right is an amount of turn, and plus minus is for brake and acceleration. Perhaps the numbers are speed?
            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

i wish there was a GPS that had "rally mode" in it as one of the voices you could select lol... i bet you it would sell like crazy... or make an app for smart phones that would read out your directions on the gps like a co-pilot would in a rally race lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

i'm sold sasquatch.. would be wikked and pump that through your speakers in the car..
                Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                Highway - 7.32L/100km
                City - yet to be determined.

Comment

i don't know if this is any help but there is this:-

change clique phrases such as "recalculating" to perhaps a wife's rooted speach about missing a turn and then how long it's going to take to get back onto the right road again and then discuss the finer points of why we'll be running late to my mother's house. LMAO

or better yet "recalculating" does still seem boring.. perhaps the phrase "you know better than i do" might be an awesome replacement.
                  Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                  Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                  Highway - 7.32L/100km
                  City - yet to be determined.

Comment

...Is it weird my favourite part of that was the extra-long shifter? I want one so bad now.

Hope I wasn't the only one to notice that.
                    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                    1988 LX 5-speed
                    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Wow by the end of the video I was understanding what the reader was doing. Giving immediate directions. He sounded urgent few times but kept his cool. That job (reader) takes Kahonahs!
                      '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
                      '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
                      '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
                      '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
                      '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
                      '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                      '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                        ...Is it weird my favourite part of that was the extra-long shifter? I want one so bad now.

Hope I wasn't the only one to notice that.
                        i can build you one just like that, the only thing diffrence will be it wont be sequential shift lol... but it could be the same hight and have about a 4 or 5 inch throw... check out my thread about shifters in the drivetrain forum for more info...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

What I would give to be the passenger! <3

Comment

Working...
                          X