Nostalgia Drag races: Tribute to JT Stewart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgia Drag races: Tribute to JT Stewart

I helped build a reconstruction (sort of a modern rendition) of JT Stewart's Arizona Sidewinder. The project has taken a little over a year to get on the track working on it in our spare time. Last weekend we went down to Tucson and did a 60ft launch with the car at the Tucson Reunion drags. Here is some of the footage I shot while at the event.

J.T. (Jimmy) Stewart was a good friend and a mentor of mine. He passed about a year ago. The Sidewinder was his vision, and the original car was crashed in 1971 at the Arizona Nationals. This recreation was the last project JT worked on. The unique dragster features a longitudinally placed Blown nitro 392 Hemi. The rear end is gear driven. The drive system is from the original car. Learn more about JT and his impact on modern dragsters here; http://www.nhra.com/blog/blog.aspx?B...ookieSupport=1
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

wicked charlie! sounds mean
    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Awesome. Did you mean transverse placed, or am I misunderstanding it?
      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
        Awesome. Did you mean transverse placed, or am I misunderstanding it?
        Lol, yeah! The engine is transverse. They are typically longitudinal.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
        X