Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SE cluster into an aspire. Changed the odometers out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE cluster into an aspire. Changed the odometers out.

SE cluster into an aspire. Changed the odometers out.
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Looks good !!! Nice find !
    Bet someone is going to mis that !
    New build on the way .

Comment

Nice job and vid! Cool that the car's blue too.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
        Looks good !!! Nice find !
        Bet someone is going to mis that !
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
          Nice job and vid! Cool that the car's blue too.
          Thanks!

Comment

Lol the reason nobody has posted that is because it's a little illegal in all 50 states! And there's an easier way to do it! Nice job tho, SE clusters are awesome!
            Last edited by zoom zoom; 12-05-2013, 04:52 PM.
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Pretty sure it is not illegal unless intent is to perform fraud. If he changed the replacement to read what the actual mileage on the car is then not a big deal. I think we need to report him. Sounds like felony material.
              Oldest Festiva on the forum (so far) 3/87 LX - 225k
              89 Tracer 13" alloys and dome light. Pioneer stereo, all else is stock.

Comment

I imagine it would not be illegal to swap in an odo that had higher mileage than before, since if anything that would decrease its perceived value. Sort of the opposite of fraud.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

In Missouri there's an age limit - on my titles it states "Exempt from mileage requirements" - I guess they figure that altering odometer readings to fraud the buyer isn't going to net much gain on an 18 year old car that was considered a "throw away car" in the beginning - so most people won't do it

Comment

Clearly and concisely presented. Technically illegal (?) but near impossible to convict on the basis of fraud or misrepresentation. Good for you Paul and thanks.

Comment

From what I read it is illegal to misrepresent the mileage on the car. Especially if it's in your favor. What I've done is retained the actual mileage. According to the laws that I read what I did is legal.

Comment

If anything...just swapping in the old cluster would be more illegal than would you have done.
                        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                        Random Festiva Parts
                        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Good Job. Looks great matching the car.
                          1990 Red Festiva STOCK "pregnant roller skate"
                          1989 Yellow Festiva BP swap "Freebird"
                          2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
                          2001 Honda accord SOLD lots of goodies done suicide doors lowered 20 inch rims
                          2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.
                          1994 Ford F150 5.0 Completely stock.

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                            Lol the reason nobody has posted that is because it's a little illegal in all 50 states! And there's an easier way to do it! Nice job tho, SE clusters are awesome!
                            what Paul did was perfectly legal, though for it to count, he needs to report the mod to the DMV with pics and dates. other than that, its a good post and vid.

Paul, next time you need to do this, let me know and i'll show you the easier way.
                            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                            X