Project Binky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Binky

Can you say Toyota Celica AWD Turbo in a Mini? Follow Bad Obsession Motorsports in this series of videos for what I consider an awesome build. There's nine episodes so far and well worth a look-see!

Bad Obsession Motorsports' Project Binky

Those with a British sense of humor will especially enjoy this.

Enjoy
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

I discovered Project Binky when they were at about episode 5 or 6. I went back and watched all the previous videos because I was hooked! I cant wait for EP 10.

Comment

I've seen it too; great fun.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Everyone who asks about an AWD or RWD conversion needs to watch this, and then re-assess your tools and skillset

That being said, Project Binky is an amazing project, and the fab skills and tricks are more and more over the top with each episode
        1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
        High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
        Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

It's amazing to me that they never use a plasma cutter. Always a grinder. Must go through a bazillion discs every day they work on this.
          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
            Everyone who asks about an AWD or RWD conversion needs to watch this, and then re-assess your tools and skillset

That being said, Project Binky is an amazing project, and the fab skills and tricks are more and more over the top with each episode
            I agree, converting a FWD car to RWD or AWD is no easy task but it's easy to talk about

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Definitely a good watch, and these guys are a riot.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Very good presentation of a major project. References to Monty Python and Police Squad type of humor certainly adds to the project.

And it in colour!!

Comment

NEW EPISODE 16!!!!

Still in Colour
                  Last edited by lessersivad; 10-13-2017, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lessersivad View Post
                    NEW EPISODE 16!!!!

Still in Colour
                    Already watched it... and probably will do so again!

Ian
                    Ian
                    Calgary AB, Canada
                    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Working...
                    X