Anyone have a drone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a drone?

I got a DJI Phantom 3 Pro a few weeks ago. I plan on using it to make extra money on weekends although I've read that special flight operation certificates (SFOC) are difficult to acquire. Real estate aerial imaging, roof top inspections and crop surveying. Here are some photos and videos I've got so far.

Six turkeys in my backyard (1080p HD) Unfortunately there is no sound. The quad copter is quite loud and doesn't have audio incorporated but the turkeys were making lots of noise.

This is what the drone looks like...
    http://www3.djicdn.com/assets/images...8a7e4fdf60.jpg

Got the festiva out of the garage and gave it a wash. Living by the lake means lots of spiders. The car was covered in spider excrement. A mouse chewed a hole into my bumper ffs. Changed the oil and fuel filter. The suspension needs to be replaced. Any recommendations for upgrade? Aspires are impossible to find around here. I don't want to change the ride height I just need something newer and that isn't so tired.

Here is an aerial shot of the whole property. (the one with the cut down tree laying on the lawn)

The Bluffs 70' drop down

This is near Selkirk Provincial Park. My family owns a cottage on this peninsula

I saw one of these last summer and thought it was awesome. Researched into them and they have quite a following. I'd love to get one. Do any of you guys have Toyota Winnebago/Dolphin/Istaca ? ( lot of name variations )
    90 Festiva L Auto - Parts
    93 Festiva L 5 speed
    93 Festiva LX 5 speed

Some nce shots, What flight time do you get from the phantom? I just finished a 250 race drone build, working on getting gps mapping intigrated on it at the moment

Comment

Joe what flight controller are you using to get GPS? I think naze32 will support GPS for cheap. I have lots of racing drones and aerial photo drones. I got a cheerson cx-20 it's similar to the phantom but it can do waypoints. I'm using a cheap yunec cg01 for now but there are plenty of nice go pro clones out.

Comment

Flight time is about 25-30 minutes. I'm going to film some rally cross racing in Ontario this season. I plan on using it to scout the bay here for weedbed growth. I can then target those spots when fishing.

The gps is a luxury. Especially on the windier days it doesn't hardly move from its position if you let go of the controls.
        90 Festiva L Auto - Parts
        93 Festiva L 5 speed
        93 Festiva LX 5 speed

Comment

Hot_Wheels- Yes the naze32 is quite a nice board on the cheap, im running it on another project at the moment. For this 250 im using an arduino mega and my own code, end goal is full autonomous flight... Just cant bring myself to pay the pricetag for pixhawk etc..
          Last edited by joeboomer999; 04-01-2016, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Jumbo you should get a racer! There cheap and more aerobatic not so much self piloting like the Phantom. If you get your self some fpv goggles it's just like being in the cockpit. I've been flying helis for 8 yrs now but always had problems with orientation. With fpv I don't even have to think about which way I'm pushing the sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
              Jumbo you should get a racer! There cheap and more aerobatic not so much self piloting like the Phantom. If you get your self some fpv goggles it's just like being in the cockpit. I've been flying helis for 8 yrs now but always had problems with orientation. With fpv I don't even have to think about which way I'm pushing the sticks.
              Are you using sharks goggles? Ive recently started using the quanums v2's, a little ungainly looking but other then that are great

Comment

No I got quantum v2's as well! I tried Fatshark teleporter v3 but hated them. It was like I was squinting through a nail hole. The v2's give me a clear view but it makes it harder when your trying to judge tight spots. I was thinking of putting some feeler sticks in the field of view to see if that would help me judge space better. I got diversity rx so no issue with signal. I really love them.

Comment

Working...
                X