Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Country Roads

Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Nice video but I had to turn off the sound it sounds like you have 4 bad wheel bearings lol. I hope it's not that loude and was just the video

Comment

Part of the problem is that the vibrations in the chassis were transmitted right up through the tripod to the camera - it made it a lot louder than it sounds in the car.

But I got a complete set of rear wheel bearings and seals for it - and the next video will be about changing them, and looking over the rear brakes.

I agree - when I reviewed the vid during the process, it was pretty horrible sounding. But what that video is all about is that it was the first time I could take it out on the road without worrying about being pulled over by the cops for a bad tag - IT'S MINE NOW!

Everything that happens from now on will be a process of eliminating bad stuff from the car one by one. And there is a long way to go - but when it is done, this car will be as close to NEW as possible.

The priority list begins with the bearings, and goes on through critical systems such as brakes (Because it needs to be stoppable first) and on through steering, and finally engine and driveline. After that comes "Everything Else".

The hierarchy is this:
      Brakes
      Steering (control)
      Engine and trans (motive force)
      Body
      Electrical

Last is creature comforts

If you can't stop it - it's a wreck waiting to happen.
      If you can't steer it, see above.
      Once that is good, ability to MOVE is the thing.

The rest is self explanatory....

The highest priority must always be safety

If you get passed by one of your own wheels and tires - you have a problem :laughing1:

*That happened to me once in High School - we were skipping class in a Le Mans, and heard a "KERCHUNK" from the back, and then the left rear felt kind of light....

Next thing we knew - there was a wheel and axle rolling past the car on the left, and we watched it roll off into the woods next to the road.
      It took a few seconds to realize it was from OURS

Once that sunk in - we had to convince everyone in the car to SHUT UP and let the driver handle it.
      Last edited by Greywolf; 06-03-2016, 01:37 PM.
      Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

Working...
      X