• Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ Well said Joseph
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Great to hear from you Joe! You need to stop in more often.

NOTE Joe doesn't want this to be a bashing thread and this is not the proper forum for it. So IF you decide to jump on the bashing Joe wagon here your thread will be deleted. I respect him for going to great length's whether he succeeds or not, atleast he stuck his neck out there and gave it his best. I wish him all the luck in the world!
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

I absolutely applaud Joe for doing what he's doing, which is why I'm slowly pimping out my festiva as well. It's great because it's something that's never been done before. Everyone always chooses to trick out Civics, Integras, etc. etc. but it's all been done before 1000 times over. What he's doing is showing that you can take any car and make it truly unique and stand out. If you go out and race it, people will remember it. It's like someone says, "Man you remember that civic that raced that 12.5s run?" and someone would be like "Which civic? There was so many.". But if someone said "You remember that festiva that ran that XX.X?" then they'd be like "Yeah man that was sick."

I mean my Festiva is nowhere near as good as The Eye of Ra, but I'll eventually work my way up there. I'm just about to buy some 13" 100 spokes pretty soon and start working on the engine from there. But I mean, when I do all of this, I do it because I know not many people will spend time and effort on something as simple as a festiva.

Comment

Welcome back Joseph. Great to hear from you again!

Comment

You guys are the best here, Im sorry that I have upset folks in the past, its ok to doubt me, just let me though show you what a white guy from New Mexico can create. I want you all to try some of the mods i have done and see what your rides are capable of.

Thank you all.

Joe

Comment

cool, no hard feelings dude, lets see what you can do :wink:
              good luck

Comment

Yeah Good luck Joseph!
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by funky technician
                  cool, no hard feelings dude, lets see what you can do :wink:
                  good luck
                  there we go....forgive and forget....
                  surprise us Joe....good luck!
                  "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                  89L Silver EFI auto
                  91GL Green Auto DD
                  There ain't no rest for the wicked
                  until we close our eyes for good.
                  I will sleep when I die!
                  I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Go Joe! Glad you haven't given up on Ra.
                    I want to see that thing in person one day.

Best wishes.
                    ~Jeff
                    1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                    1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                    2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

Thanks all, I wanna really impress you all. I did some pretty wild stuff to the orriginal 1.3
                      Im going to post all mods done so far later today.

Thanks for being the great inspiration you all have been. I am true Festy thru and thru

Comment

hey haven't seen ya in a while, hope your project is goin well

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                        X