some new pics of the festy... *UPDATED*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some new pics of the festy... *UPDATED*

i got bored the other day so i shaved the side moldings. the car will be rattle canned soon since the paint is in pretty bad condition. i eventually plan to have the car repainted in addition to a bunch of other stuff (as with any project)

the car is dirty but it's currently not legal yet. (i have a leak in the exhaust to get fixed) i hope to have it back on the road by the end of this month but we'll see.

i have other pics, a list of my planned mods, and updates on my cardomain page if anybody is interested. link is in my sig.

Pics of the Tiva
    Pics of the Cavi

47 views and no replies? :cry:

Pics of the Tiva
    Pics of the Cavi

Comment

Super... Way to go... Awesome... Keep up the good work... Great Job... Neato!!!
      * Retired Festiva-er*
      1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
      B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

I like the look without the side moldings, I was debating doing that to my 89, now I will probably do it. My car looks just like yours, but like you I also am planning some mods. So far all I have is a rear spoiler, factory mudflaps, and factory aluminum wheels, but the wheels are only temporary and the will be more mods, maybe a body kit I am not sure yet. Along with suspension and engine updates. I am still collecting parts for it.
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

Looks nice. How did you get the side moldings off without messing up the paint? Mine were stuck on so bad. After I pulled them off I needed a wire wheel to remove the adhesive. They also left high spots that needed to be hammered down.
          matt

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
          BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
          BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
          New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

Side moldings

Car looks sweet, it's a Festy Shaving off those moldings is great, but yeah like Matt I had to fan that stuff off with a wire wheel. It was a pain! Do it on a cold day <----it comes off easier. Good luck with the car and the exhaust system. And utilize salvage yards. Keep us informed k.

Comment

b6t... i realize my festy may not be motor swapped and such but i was just trying to keep people updated on the car that are interested. ops:

matt... hot day, goo gone, and a razor blade... i took off some clear coat but the moldings came off fairly easily and no high or low spots.

joseph... i've already been hitting the junkyards... apparently it's illegal for a yard to sell a used cat convertor. so i'm tryin to source one from a friend. in the back, i've got a 5spd shifter assembly and linkage and a clutch and brake pedal from a 5spd car. the one yard has dollar day where you pay so much to get in and then everything is a dollar. i plan on picking up a tranny, subframe, flywheel, and axles and converting to a 5spd.

the festy is my soon-to-be daily driver/winter beater so i can park my cavalier and keep some of the wear and tear off it but can't have a daily driver that isn't fun to drive.

Pics of the Tiva
              Pics of the Cavi

Comment

^ I'm not trying to be a dick, you wanted someone to say something, so I said something. Instead of saying something negative, I said something nice!

* Retired Festiva-er*
                1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

Keep up the good work, Strat!

You think you're gonna make it to the Spring Fling? (I've started the "countdown and roll call thread.") Love to see you there!

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

money is pretty tight right now... so i'm not too sure... if i do, it won't be in the festy... :?

Pics of the Tiva
                    Pics of the Cavi

Comment

painted the rims today and washed the festiva for the first time (probably the first time it's been washed in over 2 years)

it's amazing what some paint and a wash can do for the appearance of a car...

Pics of the Tiva
                      Pics of the Cavi

Comment

Your car looks really nice! You should use some tire cleaner on the tire sidewalls to finish the shiny look. I'm happy to see such a clean car, free of rust. Painting the wheels is something I need to do aswell. Keep it up.

Nat
                        BP powered 91 Festiva L
                        -FMS springs, GR2 struts, Toyo T1R 195/45/14 on Swift GT alloys
                        -Trunk mounted gel battery
                        -Suzuki Swift GT seats, Grant GT steering wheel, auto-locks
                        -Blaupunkt Melbourne deck with Bluetooth, sealed single 12" sub

Comment

i had just washed it... no tire shine yet since the car is still just sitting in the backyard until i can track down a cat convertor...

and it does have a few small rust spots but i'm planning on taking it to a body shop to see how much it would be to fix them...

Pics of the Tiva
                          Pics of the Cavi

Comment

nice ride.
                            my car is a work in progress.

Comment

nice ride.
                              my car is a work in progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X