yes they sure do look awsome

Comment

How did you do that????

Comment

Originally posted by Fordverde
        How did you do that????
        Its really simple really
        1)
        • if you reach up under the dash you can disconnect the two plugs into the back of the cluster you can also disconnect the speedo cable

2)
        • then take off the trim panel over the cluster (three on top two on bottom)

3)
        • take out the four screws that hold the cluster, and remove the cluster

4)
        • flip the cluster to look a the board side

5)
        • you will see two screws with wires coming to them from the top center of the board up to four twist in bulbs on the very top of the cluster

6)
        • here is your decision point you can:[list:092fd1aef3]a) find a colored bulb for these(very hard to do most likely will have to order out of a catalog)[list:092fd1aef3]b)have a custom acrylic cut to match the "stock" one you took out(if you take the two screws out on either side of the four bulbs the top light deflector comes out reveling a acrylic lens)[list:092fd1aef3]c) convert to LED ( its really simple Optics makes LED strip lights with double sided stick-em pad), just attach the corresponding wires to the Ilum + and Ilum - screws you took out of the board
        [/list:u:092fd1aef3][/list:u:092fd1aef3][/list:u:092fd1aef3]
        7){optional}
        • you can also change the color bulbs for your indicators (there is a acrylic sandwiched between the housing and the board, you will see pressure clips all the way around the viewing window to board housing joint. Press in and slide apart to remove these Lenses( you will see the bulb if you do remove these, I installed a blurred piece of transparent plastic

P.S. I would leave the dummy lights alone however you can also switch them out with LED or colored bulb(should match the acrylic lens color and will make more intense looking.

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
        92 GL - parts car
        97 aspire - parts car
        87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
        http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
        Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Working...
        X