Updated! New exhaust put on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated! New exhaust put on!

Well, I bought the Festiva Motorsport Exhaust from Jim (the Yellow B6T Festiva in NJ) and I sanded down the Bosal muffler except for the tip and sprayed it flat bbq black so it wasn't nearly as flashy (I really don't want the attention) and had an exhaust shop by me install it as well as a flex pipe and a resonator in place of the stock cat. So, now I have 2 1/4" piping all the way back! The second page of the site has the new pix! Hope you like it. -Kyle

PS Why can't I get this to work?
    Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

What strut tower bar? Looks like a greddy Miata bar?

Comment

I think the strut tower bar is the non-adjustable FMS one. (as seen with all the other FMS goodies from page 1)

BTW - I fixed the picutres. You had them linked from the PHP of CarDomain that has them pop up into the new window. You needed to right click and pull just the image URL and put that in there, as I've fixed it now.

And it looks good. Why the flex pipe? It looks like you've got the stock exhaust manifold and the FMS exhaust hooked directly into my downpipe/cat without the flex piece...

Either way, it does look nice being flat black.

Simon
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Thanx for fixing them Simon! And yes EVO it is the Non adjustable tower bar from FMS... I put the flex pipe in there because with the torque of this motor I wanted to have some movement without breaking anything, plus with the stock exhaust I had alot of noise from the heat shields rattling and falling apart so I figured that would also lessen possible new vibrations.. Simon, are you going to be selling your B6 header? I am looking to get a used one, please let me know! -Kyle 8)

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Comment

I don't have the header, I'm using the stock Festiva manifold...

edit - Doesn't FMS have them in stock? I thought he did last time I checked before I decided to go B6T.
          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Oh my god Kyle your Dad's car is the most awesome thing I've seen today, aside from a pair of boobs.
            * Retired Festiva-er*
            1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
            B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

Looks good.
              Those who think drifting through life is easy, never tried it in an FWD.

Comment

^ Pair of boobs would be 4 boobs not 2? Is not 2 a set of boobs?

Comment

Thanks guys... My dad right now has the red convertible Cooper and a white and black hardtop Cooper as well as a British racing green MG Midget... The red Cooper and the green Midget he plans on keeping (both in our 1 car garage!) the white Cooper is just waiting for its new owner to come pick it up.. In the mean time though I get to drive it around town! :lol: -Kyle

Comment

Nice exhaust Kyle.

And nice Coopers!

Evo, a "pair of boobs" would be just two breasts.

A "boob" is one breast. A pair is two.

Now "two pairs of boobs" would be four!

Just don't ask me to explain "a pair of pants." I'd conjecture that it involves the past meanings of "pantaloons" or something. Consult your OED for that etymology.

Karl
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Donde esta mi pantaloons?

-=Whittey=-

Comment

Updated!!

8)

Comment

Working...
                        X