The Pimptiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pimptiva

Well... Most everyone knows me, but it's a new forum and a new place to post some pictures.... So, here are some pictures from last season with the air suspension, which has been removed for a set of Teins.

My mods include: Full european ATH bodykit with GTX fiberglass hood, GTX mid spoiler, stock Ford spoiler (I switched my stock Ford one for an imported Kia Pride Special edition spoiler going on this winter), shaved doors, bodylines, gas filler relocated behind the tail light, ragtop, Mazda 323 engine swap(B6T going in), short shifter, racing wheel and pedals and all that stuff, R1 orange/black seats with harnesses, Aspire big brake upgrade...

Comments always appreciated.

Simon
    Simon - pimptiva.com

any chance of seeing some pics of that new spoiler? your car is just an inspiration I'm floored every time i see it. great job!
    Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
    1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
    1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
    2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

The spoiler isn't on as of yet. I have an idea for a hatch mod which needs worked out before it goes on.

It'll be molded into the hatch for a nice flush look when it's done tho...

Simon
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

oh yeah it's kinda off subject but i was wondering how you like that rag-top. i have been thinking about getting an electric one for mine but I'm worried about drafts and wind noise and leaks and such...
        Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
        1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
        1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
        2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

I'm going to upgrade to an electric one that goes the FULL length of my roof.

It's nice for shows, but it does leak, but it's not a 100% tight fit (You're basically stretching out a piece on vinyl over a metal roof) and there is wind noise and everything else...

But, it's pretty cool... I wouldn't go back and take it out.

Simon
          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Great job Simon. Hopefully one day there will be quite a few show quality Festivas where everyone all at once can demonstrate a Festiva presence at a major car show.
            Rich Norman
            5 Festivas:
            1992 L - Daily Driver
            1993 GL-Off-Road Buggy Subaru EJ20DET
            1988 L - Big Block Ford Pro-Street
            1992 L - Corvette LS7 drivetrain
            1991 L - Parts Car

Comment

The Pimptiva strikes again!

Next summer you'll have some competition!
              :wink:
              '92 Festiva: BP01

Comment

My car has caused controversy with you show guys in the past, but I've gotta say simon...you have a very fucking sweet ride.
                GT

Comment

Very sweet indeed!!! 2 thumbs up... -Kyle
                  Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Where did you get your external side mirrors for your car?

Comment

From a 1990 Festiva. They were only available that year... I believe they can be modified to fit from a certain Mazda, but it's not an exact fit.

I got these from Ian on the board here.

Simon
                      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

If you're interested I have have a couple of sets of those mirrors for sale.

Let me know if you're interested. Check out the for sale section for prices.

Ian
                        92 GL Sport
                        Calgary
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada
                        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

I have those mirrors... I didn't know they were special :lol:
                          * Retired Festiva-er*
                          1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                          B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

They look 10x better than the other power mirrors...

Simon
                            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
                            X