Stock car before and after the race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock car before and after the race

One of my buddy sent me the pic of my stock car before and after the race. My stock car is a 1978 Mercury Cougar 351W. When I bought my Cougar it was very clean but during the race a stupid guy make me overturn on the top. So I broke my stock car and I had a big back pain. I'm a good driver during the race I was in third position (Before the crash) behind 2 car of 500HP+ and my Cougar is stock. For those who do not know that I had this accident after hitting a moose with my festiva. Look in FOTM winner of December for detail

^ Car on jackstand during winter.

^ Rust and scratch free. (I was stupid to put it in the races but I had fun)

^ My mom catch this pic to the best moment She was very scared and I understand her because it is really frightening for me at this time.

^ I've been stuck inside the car because my helmet could not pass the door because it was too crushed (the door of course not my helmet).

^ I'm the guy with the blue jacket.

^ The guy who make me over turn is the guy in the left corner in the track. He gave me as a defeat that the fuel pedal was stuck. Everyone was screaming him he was an idiot. I wanted to put my fist in his face, but I did not do.

Should I keep it and make a roll cage or try to find an other one and make a roll cage ? I paid 150$ for this one and the guy who sell me this one had an other one for sale but he want 750$ cause the car has a air ride suspension.

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

never go racing with out a roll cage!!! if the car runs good then just re straighten the roof and do a cage in it

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

:shock: i'm glad to hear your okay

if this car ran good i'd try to straighten out the roof and install a roll cage

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Just put another roof on that one too!
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

That looks more like a Moto-X track.
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Those pics remind me of the redneck racing we have here every once in a while... Just a bunch of guys with older vehicles who go out with a helmet on and just giver.
            90 festiva BP/G25MR swap, spec v seats, aspire brakes, FMS springs, round headlight conversion with HID's, custom exhaust, fiberglass hood, and a whole lotta bodywork
            BEFORE AFTER

Comment

Yes, if your car drives okay, straighten the roof, put in a roll bar or cage and keep driving it!

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Was that the full size sedan class :lol:

I am surprised they do not make you install something of a roll bar in there .
                ------------------------------------------------
                The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Thats a shame, looked like a clean coug...

And yea, I cant believe they let you run those without cages.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost
                  13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

talk about digging up old threads!!!
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I wouldn't use air ride to race that kinda stuff.
                      Of course the red makes it go faster..

Comment

Working...
                      X