Beautiful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's really neat!
    I hope you have an antitheft system. As I read thru this thread...I could semse of trembling at the keyboards.
    Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
    The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Originally posted by Festiva GTX
      Excellent stefan, I have done with my digital cluster wiring ready to hook up too. I am glad I was able to help you some with wiring.

Did you install the low fuel sensor in fuel pump and the broke lamps checkers?

If you think water coolant little high temp, try get coolant temp sensor from Mazda 626.
      Yes, thank you. That Bk/Gn wire isnt on the diagram for some reason, and it threw me off.

No I diddnt, did you look how the low fuel sensor is mounted in the 626? I was wondering how easy it would be to install. The bulb checkers, thats a separate module, right, did you get it? I might go back and grab it.

One thing that I did get was the low washer fluid sensor, but I haven't installed it. I think ill wait till next time i take my bumper off to paint it.

Dose your cluster have a check engine light? Mine dosent... I'm gonna have to rig something up

Yea I was thinking about the temp sensor.. that would probably do it, hopefully the threads are the same.

I think 626 Mazda wiring diagram on manual book have few some errors... it don't say about thick bk/gn for power up with LCD display by - Negative/ground

About low fuel sensor, it will attach with our fuel pump fairly easy but you may need have drill out one tiny hole for letting one extra wire signal to low fuel lamp warning and seal it air tight. I will post here pictures to show you guys.

About broke lamp checkers, it's little hard mod and you may need rewiring some wires, tap it and hook up the module relay.

Yes I do have engine check lamp warning inside digital cluster but you don't have?

Comment

Originally posted by stefan

Originally posted by nonamekid
        I was watching the video and was like, "wow, he got to 60 fast." And then I remembered that it is km/h not mph. Next time I make it up to Win-a-pig, I want to see your car.
        Forsure, still need an aspire swap?
        Yep, still need an aspire swap, and a lot of other parts. I want to get a 2.5 V6 from a probe GT or 626 for my mx-3. The junkyards around here just want way to much. I should probably buy a small pickup, that way I can haul a bunch of stuff around. I got a deal lined up to trade that 4WD tranny from the B6T for a 323 GT tranny and axles. That was a great deal you pointed out.
        The Festiva Store
        Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

wow! looking forward to more pics of the whole dash.

Comment

Very cool! I'd like to see full dash pictures/daylight pictures of this too.
            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I love it!! I am still trying to find one of those dashes. How about a daytime pic of it installed?

Note to self....................................I am so jelous!
              Brian
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
              :fish:

Comment

just finishing things up in the garage here. I made brackets to mount it and I modified the cluster bezel to match. (last night it was just stuffed in the dash). I will post finished pictures and comments in abit.
                89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                RIP 90LX

Comment

nice! make a write up please...

Comment

I would trade you something really cool for one of those......................................don't know exactly what!
                    Brian
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                    :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay
                      I would trade you something really cool for one of those......................................don't know exactly what!
                      :lol: you must be very temping must to have the digital cluster!

Comment

So the stock cable just hooks into the cluster to spin a tone wheel for the sensor? Too cool. Stefan, your Festiva is quickly becoming my flavorite.
                        Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                        Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                        White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                        White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                        Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                        Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                        Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                        White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Looks great!:thumbup: I agree with 25HP we need some daytime pics.
                          Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                          - Unknown
                          I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                          - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                          - Bumper Sticker

Comment

That's great Stefan! :thumbright: Can't wait to see pics of the finished installation. :drool:

Comment

Originally posted by jglutz
                              That's really neat!
                              I hope you have an antitheft system. As I read thru this thread...I could semse of trembling at the keyboards.
                              I'm not worried.. two-way viper alarm installed :lol:

Originally posted by nonamekid
                              Yep, still need an aspire swap, and a lot of other parts. I want to get a 2.5 V6 from a probe GT or 626 for my mx-3. The junkyards around here just want way to much. I should probably buy a small pickup, that way I can haul a bunch of stuff around. I got a deal lined up to trade that 4WD tranny from the B6T for a 323 GT tranny and axles. That was a great deal you pointed out.
                              Bucks had a low mileage aspire awhile ago... but more than likely its already picked apart. Let me know the year range/models that the motor your looking for came in, i can watch bucks for you. They have a couple 626s right now.. your motor may be sitting there waiting to be pulled. 185 is the standard price for a motor there.

Originally posted by 25Horseplay
                              I have a good feeling I know where I can find another... you will be first inline
                              RIP 90LX

Comment

Thanks for all the comments guys

ok, here we go

Dash chopped up.

The pipe on the left has to be adjusted almost 1" to the left.

left bracket made

right bracket made

cluster mounted up

I used u-nuts on the plastic tabs on the cluster to mount it

bezel trimmed

That was the best i could do, the digital cluster is meant to lie back at a much flatter angle so the factory bezel isnt deep enough to match it, plus the digital cluster is about 1" wider than stock cluster so if you dont trim it back it covers the sides of the digital cluster. Eventually I will make something from fiberglass, but in im no hurry, from the drivers seat it looks great.

dash trimmings

wiring notes

RIP 90LX

Comment

Working...
                                X