DJ Memorial Meet - Midwest - Levitan's Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ Memorial Meet - Midwest - Levitan's Pics

Got back last night from Ozark, MO. Had a fantastic time and met the best people ever. We stayed at BarnAgain Bed and Breakfast....it was great. My gf Laura and I stayed in the Amish Room(never could get her to wear that darn bonnet?!)

Got there Friday afternoon and was told no other guests would arrive until the next day. Mark, the innkeeper, surprised me later by saying that guests would be arriving in the next 1/2 hour. There was a knock on the door and in walked Mark followed by elcamino1, Will, Packrat427, Doug, and Doug's beautiful wife Penny!! Amazing people who I cherished the time with and cannot wait until next time I see them. We chatted for a bit and crashed for the night.

The next morning another Festiva had arrived and it was MuscleCar, Kemp and his beautiful wife FestivaChick, Alicia(hope I got that all right). We did breakfast and the pics below are of the adventures that followed.

Axlander showed up with his buddy later at Lamberts, unfortunately I did not get any pics at Lambert's ops: Hopefully Doug will post some and send me copies.

[img][/img]
    Doug, Penny, Will, Alicia, and Kemp

[img][/img]
    Will's ride, Doug's ride, my ride, and Alicia's in the back

[img][/img]
    Impala SS in the BarnAgain Barn

[img][/img]
    My gf checking out one of several Olds in the BarnAgain Barn

[img][/img]
    Another Olds

[img][/img]
    On our way to Bass Pro Shop

[img][/img]
    Pure Sexiness!!

[img][/img]
    Will and Doug by some little car that I can't remember the name of.

[img][/img]
    My Baby with the rest of my new Festiva family after seeing the Titanic display at Branson.

[img][/img]
    ElCamino1, Will

[img][/img]
    Packrat427 and Ms. Packrat427, Doug and Penny

[img][/img]
    40 degrees warmer and I may have had a story to tell about this bench over water :shock:

[img][/img]
    Big Sexy and his gf Laura!!

[img][/img]
    Mark and Susan, owners of BarnAgain Bed and Breakfast. I higly recommend it if you get in their neighborhood!!

[img][/img]
    Mark and I doing some pickin' and grinnin'. He showed me up, but I tried. I probably sounded like I was just pickin' my nose!

[img][/img]
    Will, Penny and Doug.... Ya'all are some really cool people!

[img][/img]
    A little Festy we saw on the side of the road on our return trip. One of about six I think we saw on the way back.

All I know is I had a great time and can't wait to meet up with Will and Doug in Chi-town soon!!
    ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
    #2 .....Cheesehead
    #3 '91 White - Donor Car
    #4 .....Montana Project
    SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
    Bought her back for $450
    Now that's darn near priceless!!

That is too cool Dan , Thanks for all the compliments , we had a great time also and would do it all over again .

It was so nice that we got to do all those things like a Family , and everybody was excited about doing anything that came along .
    And we done it as a Festiva caravan

:dj: :fred: :fred:
    ....^ White ^.......... :lol: :lol:
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

the little car is an Isetta made by BMW
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Wow, looks like a great time. Thanks for the pictures Levitan!

Comment

That was really cool....looked like a great time....and I may have left a Festy there for that first Cutlass...OMG...I love that car, had a 68 with a built 455 in it back in the day.
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Yeah thats an Isetta, my grandpa used to have 5 when they were stationed overseas. He used to sell them to the guys who were over there for a few months, then buy them back, clean them, then sell them again. The front of the car is the only door.

Wish I didnt have to work because this would have been the closest meet. I really wanted to go to Branson.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Nice pics! What's with the pic of the owners? The woman looks like she is crying. Maybe she is crying because they don't own a festiva?
              The Festiva Store
              Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

A couple of Axlander's pics from Lambert's.

Camera phone quality FTL. It was great to meet everybody, and check out some seriously nice cars. This was my first meet. I already find myself looking forward to the next one.

Dan, were you able to find the tires you needed before you headed home?

(Fest-IV-uh Party of 12!) :roll:
                Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

looks like it was a good time!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Gawd you guys suck!:lol: I cant wait til I get mine together and can meet up with some of you. Really looks like a good time!
                    I dont know how many would be interested. But Memphis is a great town and I was playing on Yahoomaps. With the exception of some left coasters and our friends in the Great White North, it is fairly central to most of our locations. Just think of the photo ops in front of Graceland or near Beale St.
                    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                    - Unknown
                    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

this man knows what he's talking about. :lol:
                      89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                      92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                      New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Working for a living sucks. That can never be relived.
                        sigpic
                        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Hey Axlander, as far as the tire situation, not that day. I did return to the place we were staying and swapped the wheel from rf to rr and that isolated the problem as a bad tire.

Can you believe that Doug offered to give me his spare tire? That just shows you the quality of people I was gifted to share a weekend with. Wil cracks me up!! I got 17 jys we can get pr427 another one. Incredible ppl, I tell ya!

Anyways, laura and I were cruising back to Iowa when, along side the road in the middle of nowhere, there is a roadside junk dealer....house....acreage...I dunno what to call it. We both see he has stacks of tires for sale. So I flip a U-ey in the middle of the road and go back to this guy's "humble" abode. 3- 12" tires mounted on Geo rims. I paid him $13 for the one real good one, drive to Wal-Mart at the next town. Pay them $11.50 to mount and balance it on my Festy wheel. What a difference!!!!

Next adventure....6 new tires. 4 for the alloys and 2 to match up on Levistiva....and all new front suspension parts for her!!

If I never said so packrat427, thanks for offering me your spare!!!
                          ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
                          #2 .....Cheesehead
                          #3 '91 White - Donor Car
                          #4 .....Montana Project
                          SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
                          Bought her back for $450
                          Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

Working...
                          X