No announcement yet.

My first car (1993 Ford Mustang Lx 2.3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had a 92 mustang 4 cylinder and it ran like a champ, by the time i got rid of it, it had over 300k KMs on it and it still ran beautiful, the tranny blew in it though from running out of fluid too many times :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
      i had a 92 mustang 4 cylinder and it ran like a champ, by the time i got rid of it, it had over 300k KMs on it and it still ran beautiful, the tranny blew in it though from running out of fluid too many times :lol:
      Nice:lol: Nothing on the car leaks fluids that I know of
      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

does your engine have 8 spark plugs? mine did and i heard it was the engine that came in the rangers and wasn't factory to the mustangs

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
          does your engine have 8 spark plugs? mine did and i heard it was the engine that came in the rangers and wasn't factory to the mustangs
          Yes mine has 8 plugs, and that came from the factory on the last few years of that body style, they also use the 2.3 in the ranger like you said. My mustang is all original, nothing has been modified........yet
          -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
          -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
          -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

8 plug heads started on the Stangs in '90. It's to reduce cold start/run emissions only. Runs on one set of plugs all the time, the second set is only active below 140 degF engine temp.
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
              8 plug heads started on the Stangs in '90. It's to reduce cold start/run emissions only. Runs on one set of plugs all the time, the second set is only active below 140 degF engine temp.
              thats cool to know! so maybe the engine in my mustang was original to the car then

Comment

most likely was.
                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I had a 90 Ranger with that motor in it. What a PITA to change that second set of plugs! I didnt know much about the truck and when I had a problem with it. It taught me to NEVER use PepBoys for repairs!
                  Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                  - Unknown
                  I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                  - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                  - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Working...
                  X