• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple older shots i like of my car.

Might be big. i never resized them.

Did u use spray paint??

does it still look that way?

Comment

yes. still looks exactly the same but the top is painted now. i left out the shots of the roof cause its the original color(silver) oh and a lot of stuff is stolen from the inside.

and i used like 5 or six cans of spray paint

Comment

Nice,i Really Like The Frenched Plate!

Comment

Originally posted by benms79 View Post
          Nice,i Really Like The Frenched Plate!

never knew it was called "frenched" i didnt know french have crooked plates.

i have a better ideah that i dotn see around at all. cant say. but il shwo you when im done.

after i finished my plate, after a few months i started seeing it more and more. and jsut yesterday i seen a FOCUS that was done exactly the same as my car. other than the rusted out wheels. hahah. they had the license plate crooked or "frenched" and they had it sprayed black. loooks like spray paint like mine.

dang. time to change it all.

Comment

Hey Seth...

Frenched means sunken. They used to use the term a lot in the older hot rod days, but not as much today. I know the term because my dad is a mechanic in Upstate New York, and has been around hot rods all my life.

Check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frenching_(automobile)
            Last edited by wrestler3025; 07-30-2008, 11:59 PM.
            90 Festiva with Brand new B3, 5spd
            92 B6 Festiva, 5spd
            94 Mustang DSS 331, Vortec S-Trim, 5 spd
            94 Mustang GT, stock, automatic

Comment

I remember back in mid 70's high school our library had stacks of Hot Rod magazines. There was an article about how to french an antenna using a large tube off an old shock absorber. They hole sawed the fender and slid the tube down inside. After chalking the fender contour onto the tube it was cut and welded in. It was sunken about 4 or 5" and they had to put a drain line in to protect it from rust.
              88 Festiva 5 speed
              89 Automatic L with 1 1/4 hitch
              93 parts car(not much left)
              89 free parts car 5 speed
              03 F150 6 cyl 5 speed
              05 Accord 4 cyl 5 speed

"When you've got kids, That's all you've got."

Comment

Would you be interested in parting with the rear hatch?
                Some people are humbly grateful...........................While some people are grumbly hateful

Comment

Originally posted by Miclo Verta View Post
                  Would you be interested in parting with the rear hatch?
                  it wouldnt be worth it. for you. it was a practice kinda thing. first time not perfect. no tear down to fix jsut back over kind thing. looks ok in pictures but in person you can see all the flaws.

im going to do another one soon. il see how long it takes and how good it comes out. maybe if your close enough and can provide a hatch i could work on a custom one for you.

Comment

love the frenched number plate , as soon as i seen your pic i was like : doing that on mine.

Comment

No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                      X