Melissa posing again :D with my new car in the background :P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melissa posing again :D with my new car in the background :P

Well, here's a few more pics of my baby girl. She's loving her status as a celebrity on here lol. And this time, she's with my new car.

A little background on the car, its an '88 Daihatsu Charade CSX (chassis designation G100), 1.0L (engine designation CB-90) putting out a whopping 53HP . But its loaded to the teeth with options: A/C, tach, power windows, power locks, rear defog, rear wiper, removable headrests... Brian would be jealous if this were a festy

And yes, I know the wheels are off the car, in case anyone noticed. I had to pull the transmission to diagnose the reason I was able to purchase this car for $50 just five months after its previous owner gave $1000 for it at a used car dealership. He put the clutch in, downshifted for a turn, and when he let the clutch back out the car would just rev and rev but no power. I'm guessing the pressure plate is toast (a common problem for these cars as I learned from their rather large Australian following) but I haven't had time to examine it much yet cause I was too busy taking pictures lol
    No festiva for me ATM...

Got any engine shots of the charade??
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

nah, I'm waitin for that till I get all the engine bay put back together. Right now the whole drivers side is torn apart from removing the trans, but an engine shot will follow soon (hopefully) but its small, makes a B3 look huge in comparison. Apparently oversees there was a turbo version of the same 1.0L I had that was putting out 101HP, making it a great little rally car... so I might wanna get one of those turbos sometime and slap it on there 100HP/Liter, thats not bad for a production sub-compact, lol
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

she doesn't look as happy with this one.. moral... every one loves a festiva more.. haha...

nice car by the way

Comment

the first and 5th picture definately capture her feelings for the vehicle. so honest it's almost art.
          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

dude you should put a BP in that thing!
            89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
            94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
            2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
            1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

^^^ I can't do that lol, I bought it for its 50MPG to save gas delivering pizza
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

They are pretty common in Australia. You should get a 1.3 16v or 1.6 16v, bolt straight in but you would have to inject it. They go really well with intake and exhaust. There was two turbo versions of the 3cyl engine. One was basically the engine you have with a turbo blowing through the carby. The other was injected with a twin cam head. They make quite nice fwd rally cars too.

Comment

I wouldn't do the swap, people might wonder why you're all slid up in their yard Colin MacRae style and why a Diahatsu has mud flaps.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Hey you have number 6 or 7 in a topless shot......seriously. Naw I'm j/k!!
                    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

^^^ lol not yet but if I did it wouldn't be on the site lol
                      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                        nah, I'm waitin for that till I get all the engine bay put back together. Right now the whole drivers side is torn apart from removing the trans, but an engine shot will follow soon (hopefully) but its small, makes a B3 look huge in comparison. Apparently oversees there was a turbo version of the same 1.0L I had that was putting out 101HP, making it a great little rally car... so I might wanna get one of those turbos sometime and slap it on there 100HP/Liter, thats not bad for a production sub-compact, lol
                        my chevy turbo sprint was factory 1.0 liter with 100 hp@7psi

Comment

Working...
                        X