Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Festie...56K...save your time and find something else to do

!!!IT IS GETTING SHAKEN APART!!!
    Well I have not posted here in a while due to the fact that I have been so busy. But if you remember I do not own a Festiva, a good friend of mine does and I post for him due to the fact that he does not have a computer...either way here is what we have been up to with his car. It started out that he was using my 2 12's. They are Crossfire BMF's in a vented box. The amp that we were using was a Crossfire VR1000D. Here are a few pics of that set up:

(We put them both in the right way. This was just for a picture)

Well we pulled that and went to this:

It is a Rockford Fosgate POWER T2. It is being powered by a Fosgate bd1000.1 wired at 2 ohms. It it the hardest that I have ever herd a single 10 hit. Well with that said it was loud however never loud enough. WE PULLED IT OUT. Next we went to this and I think that this is going to be the winner. It is by far the loudest that the car has seen. It is 3 10" Crossfire BMF's in a vented box. The power supply is NO WHERE NEAR what it would take to properly power them. For the amp we are using the same Fosgate BD1000.1. He is looking into picking up a amp that is powerful enough to power all of them or going to a 3 amp set up. Either way as the car its now...it hurts...it sucks...it vibrates EVERYTHING. Here are a few pictures of the set up...

Now with all the bass it was drowning out all the other music so we had to do a little high end upgrading. He went with Memphis Audio 4" 2 ways...

SORRY ABOUT THE SLIGHTLY BLURRY PICTURES...IT IS DARK AND I COULD NOT TELL AT THE TIME.
    Last edited by GenevaDirt; 09-29-2008, 06:16 AM.

u need more highs, gotta balance haha, i put infinity 6 1/2's in the front doors, and on the read, took a little modification, and then where the orignal speakers where in the front i put infinity tweeters, then for subs i put 2 almani 12's i forget the specs with an almani 2600d amp with a cap and all, it sounds so nice and clean everything is really balanced. ill show some time
    (GONE)88 Festiva LX 5 Speed, Factory A/C, Factory Tow Hitch, Tach.
    95k Original miles
    New: Tires, Axels, Front Wheel Bearings, Fuel Pump, Valve Cover Gasket, Carb Rebuild, Timing Set, Belts, Shoes, Distributor, CapRotor, Wires, Plugs, Coil, Grant 11" Steering Wheel, 3700 Watt Stereo System-6 1/2 Infinity speakers, Infinity tweeters, Almani 12" subs

Comment

sweet LX!! please don't kill it
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I guess I'm one of those who cannot understand why anyone would have any of that....
        I have two 6" speakers in the rear, and two 4" in the front, an amp, and that's it. No subs, etc... With my sound insulation, it can get plenty loud enough for me.

Now, having said that, I would still like to hear how those big ones sound!
        If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
        Mark S.

Comment

Originally posted by deathegg View Post
          I guess I'm one of those who cannot understand why anyone would have any of that....
          I have two 6" speakers in the rear, and two 4" in the front, an amp, and that's it. No subs, etc... With my sound insulation, it can get plenty loud enough for me.

Now, having said that, I would still like to hear how those big ones sound!
          honestly, thats how it starts, lol for me all i wanted was something small, got some nice speakers and a cd player, then added one more thing, then got bigger speakers, then got a little bass, then had to get better speakers, its a tumble down effect stay away if u can its a trap haha
          (GONE)88 Festiva LX 5 Speed, Factory A/C, Factory Tow Hitch, Tach.
          95k Original miles
          New: Tires, Axels, Front Wheel Bearings, Fuel Pump, Valve Cover Gasket, Carb Rebuild, Timing Set, Belts, Shoes, Distributor, CapRotor, Wires, Plugs, Coil, Grant 11" Steering Wheel, 3700 Watt Stereo System-6 1/2 Infinity speakers, Infinity tweeters, Almani 12" subs

Comment

:shock: OMG thats crazy!! any idea how many DB's??

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

We are you to have it mesured or even have a good guess but you can put it this way...I have 2 12's of the same speaker and the owner of our local stereo shop took a trophey home with MY exact same set up in a tuned box at 149.7 DB. Now his box is untuned and we are under powering. We are going to go back there later in the week and take a look into the guy making a proper box and getting a proper amp for them then I think that small car we are looking at 160+???? Maybe more maybe less...hoping more
              Last edited by GenevaDirt; 09-29-2008, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Make sure you wear ear plugs, or you just might have a little red in your interior after a lot of bass offs
                89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

I had a set of 12" JL w3's that I put in my Festiva during HS... Had it mated to this little Kenwood amp that didn't look like much. That system was amazing. I haven't heard anything that even comes close to it.

In Casper? I've got 2 little crappy Walmart speakers in the dash and thats it... After my little "transformation" I'm planning, it'll be lucky to even have a dash anymore...
                  Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Those are some sweet subs, I am running two 12" on 800watts and its crazy in a car as small as the festiva, I would love to see that car thump once they get a better power supply.

Comment

Remove the hatch, make the subs face to the rear, and you won't even need the engine to make the car move, exept to charge the battery to make them work haha!!!
                      The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

golf clubs

Some day, I will upgrade the stock speaker system. But I must leave room for my clubs.
                        Priorities.

Comment

Working...
                        X