Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mission Accomplished!!!-Old Red is Home!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim View Post
    I like your oil drain pan!

I use the same thing for my oil changes. In fact, you don't need to jack the car up to change the oil. If you turn the passenger wheel all the way to the right you can get to the drain plug from the side, and your tub should clear the oil pan with the wheels on the ground.

Did you replace the fuel filter too? It's probably clogged up with crud from the gas tank.

-Tim
    Thanks for the tip! Yes I changed the oil filter also.
    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Originally posted by Ford_For_Life View Post
      Thanks for the tip! Yes I changed the oil filter also.
      Oil filter and fuel filter are different things. The fuel filter filters the gas from the tank before it gets to the injectors.

The fuel filter is an important and often overlooked part that can make a huge impact on how your car runs.

I'm not exactly sure where it is in the engine bay, but it's an easy and cheap part to replace.

Good luck!

Tim
      White '89L auto - Sold!
      Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

and also almost always over looked is to make sure it doesn't run out of blinker fluid
        (GONE)88 Festiva LX 5 Speed, Factory A/C, Factory Tow Hitch, Tach.
        95k Original miles
        New: Tires, Axels, Front Wheel Bearings, Fuel Pump, Valve Cover Gasket, Carb Rebuild, Timing Set, Belts, Shoes, Distributor, CapRotor, Wires, Plugs, Coil, Grant 11" Steering Wheel, 3700 Watt Stereo System-6 1/2 Infinity speakers, Infinity tweeters, Almani 12" subs

Comment

Oil filter and fuel filter are different things. The fuel filter filters the gas from the tank before it gets to the injectors.

The fuel filter is an important and often overlooked part that can make a huge impact on how your car runs.

I'm not exactly sure where it is in the engine bay, but it's an easy and cheap part to replace.

Good luck!

Tim
          My bad! I thought you said oil filter instead of fuel.... Just misread your comment thats all
          -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.

Comment

a little bit of TLC did some wonders on that Festiva. Glad to see it back to it's better looking days keep up the good work ... wanna clean mine too? LOL tree sap has the best of it as it sits in my backyard/driveway lol

Comment

Good luck!

Tim
              it's on the firewall below the master cylinder.....but I not think that is easy or cheap for the original....never priced one but I know mine were always rusted in place. I just cut the lines off and then used an inline that I got from Autozone...like 3 bucks....very easy to change anytime now...lol
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by marcuss View Post
                a little bit of TLC did some wonders on that Festiva. Glad to see it back to it's better looking days keep up the good work ... wanna clean mine too? LOL tree sap has the best of it as it sits in my backyard/driveway lol
                Thanks! It's going to look alot better next year, when I gets repainted hopefully. Right now I'm working on fixing the rust issues, I'll post up pics of my progress tomorrow.

Comment

Got some more parts for Old Red, spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter.

Comment

Working...
                  X