X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice find!
    Tim S

Comment

Nice haul there Fresh! But why didnt you get the smoothie tails and instrument cluster?
      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
      - Unknown
      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

power steering pump

Did that Festiva have power steering? Let me know if you ever run across a pump that turns freely without binding. Thanks. You inspire me to start gold digging up north.

Comment

How hard was the "tilt" steering column to take out? I want that as an option, but I remember DJ saying it was a real pita to take out...
          Mon arme a moi, c'est un stylo.

Comment

Originally posted by micah View Post
            nice! you scored. that chick is actually pretty hot...haha. i bet homeboy was driving that thing. its so fun going to the junkyard and imagining all the stories behind each vehicle.

and just as an fyi, you dont need the lock set if you buy a column. you can just use a dremel (or something similar) and slot the bolts and remove each ignition so you have the correct one on your car. i just did it myself and its super easy.
            Like this ? I used the small die grinder pictured with a cutting wheel.

Originally posted by KingFish View Post
            And you don't call your local parts guy to take part in this find? I feel so outted.
            Sorry man, It was hawgkeepers find, I love going, so anytime Im not working I'll go. I didnt think you still had a festiva ?

Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
            Nice score! I love it when you get to be the first to get ahold of a car at the yard before it gets picked over!!!!
            Yes !!! Id like to have bought it for the $75 (or whatever the yard paid ) for it. Id got it running for another 100,000 miles.

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
            I wish i had the time to go to pick-a-part
            I got five hours of sleep and went for it. I actually woke up early cause I was excited about what Id find. Turned out better than Id hoped for.

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
            Nice haul there Fresh! But why didnt you get the smoothie tails and instrument cluster?
            One smoothie was damaged and this yard charges 29.99 for tail light assy(s) and I have two sets of smoothies now. No tach ?? Guess they didnt go for that option. Had the am/fm cassette but when I got it out I noticed the face plate was broke.

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
            Did that Festiva have power steering? Let me know if you ever run across a pump that turns freely without binding. Thanks. You inspire me to start gold digging up north.
            Sorry bravekozak, I know youre having a hard time finding that pump. None on this one.
            Last edited by freshtiva; 11-07-2008, 01:28 AM.
            sigpic
            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by Kofkof_00 View Post
              How hard was the "tilt" steering column to take out? I want that as an option, but I remember DJ saying it was a real pita to take out...

Hawgkeeper said he had read that it was a pita to remove also, I didnt know. He went to check on his wheels and I think I had it out by the time he got back. Maybe 5 minutes tops. Of course I was motivated . I wouldnt be afraid of it now, piece of cake. It only drops the wheel about an inch or two. But still cool just cause its a rare fesitva option.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
                I think you'd better check for 'love stains' on those seats, then....

There is clean and then there is freshtiva with a steam cleaner clean. A couple more passes they'll be good as new.

sigpic

Comment

^^^ nice!

I pulled my upholstery off the frame and tossed them in the washer. You should have seen the water coming out!!! I'm sure you know what I mean!
                  Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                  Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

those columns are nothing to remove. i just crossthreaded the lower bolt on the u-joint and need to retap it on the aspire. Once you have removed and installed a column 3+ times your ego/confidence takes over and its cake. Getting splines to line up is a bitch ill give you that. I havent mastered if you put the joint on the bottom and stick the column in, or put the joint on the column and put it on the other side. ive done it both ways and you just kinda let the whole thing rest on your shoulder. Some say its harder than an engine swap. I'll rekey cars all day long the hard way if they swap motors for me geez.
                    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

i had to steam clean my front seats for 2 hrs a piece i found a mixture of resolve carpet staion remover and very warm water worked very well i also removed the seat covering and put in the wash on gentle seats look so new still have back to do but i dont need or have in car so we know that will take a while ahahah
                      p.s. 20 years of butt juice from fl does not smell good lol
                      93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                      RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                      RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

What! No spoiler!...
                        Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Originally posted by festyxfi View Post
                          What! No spoiler!...

Yeah there was a spoiler there but I didnt know if I should grab it or not..

Paid $ 12.99 for the "bench seat" & "bucket seats", $2.99 for the molding , $12.99 for the steering column ( w/o tilt the ticket says ), $6.99 for the hood latch ???, and $10.99 for the one mirror. Nothing for the rest of the stuff. Man I love going to Pick N Pull !!!! I could spend all day there.
                          sigpic

Comment

I want a spoiler!
                            "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Man those sole marks on map pockets are hard to remove. Might have to carpet a set.
                              Before:

After:

Before:

After:
                              sigpic

Comment

man....those look great....wish I had the patience to try and clean up my stuff....lol
                                "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                                89L Silver EFI auto
                                91GL Green Auto DD
                                There ain't no rest for the wicked
                                until we close our eyes for good.
                                I will sleep when I die!
                                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
                                X