Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the new ride (MX-6)

My new '89 Mazda MX-6

I wish the BPs had a "1.8L Fuel Injection" like the "2.2L Fuel Injection" label on the F2s

There are a couple of festiva swapable items on this car as well

Power mirror switch

Intermittent wiper switch

Here is the twenty year old AM/FM/cassette stereo with 9 (yep 9) channel EQ... how cool is that?

And in case anyone caught my earlier post complaining about the 3 speed auto in the festiva... this thing has a 4-speed OD auto with an electronic lock-up torque converter... basically means that at 70 on the highway instead of 3500RPMs the festiva turns, the MX-6 looks like this

And my favorite feature

The middle vents have an on/off button that makes them oscillate via and electric motor... yeah, like a desk fan... no idea what the point of it is, but, yeah, I love it

Love this car, can't wait to get it firing on all four cylinders lol
    Last edited by htchbck; 03-01-2009, 12:43 AM.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Another white car:p Looks nice!
    -Josh R

Comment

flush and fill your brake system (light is on)
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

its the switch on the e-brake that is setting off the light
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

i'd flush and fill anyway, no telling how old and water laden that stuff is...
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

haha I have all the service records for it just about since it was new... including one from 7/12/08 flush and fill brakes, radiator, and transmission complete with new trans filter and rad cap Someone loved this car till the timing belt snapped
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

looks like a nice purchase :thumbright:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Thanks damkid I think so too Found some of the original papers in the glovebox. When it was bought new in January of '89 the owner paid a little over $16,000 for it, and with inflation figured in that comes up to about $26,000. I just payed $260 for it on tuesday with the only issue being a broken timing belt. 158K on the ticker. Hows that for depreciation of value over a 20 year period? Lol got it for 1% of the original price

BTW got it firing on all cylinders today so no rebuilding the head Changed the spark plugs and found that one of the plugs had broken off where the tower part goes to the screw-in part (no clue on spark plug lingo lol) but it was snapped off. Replaced that and now its running like a champ just need to put in a thermostat before we get our snow tonight
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                X